8 Halloween Movies You Absolutely Loved as a Child

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

If you’re not like the rest of us and are dreading dressing up, eating candy and doorbells ringing–which I’m not entirely sure how you could be–you need to start getting spooky and in the candy giving mood like you were when you were a kid! As a child, you know you were excited about buying your costume and making Halloween crafts and dancing to “The Monster Mash”, so get back in that groove! Halloween is filled with scares and pranks and trick-or-treats, and if you’ve fallen out of love with all of that, you need to fall BACK in love with it! And, once you watch these videos you will love it again–I promise! It’ll bring you back to the happier, sugar-rush days of Halloween! 

1. “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!”

How could you hate on Charlie Brown!? He’s so adorable and he and his gang have a million silly antics!

2. “Mom’s Got A Date With A Vampire” 

I don’t know which is scarier–mommy kissing Santa Clause or mommy dating a vampire?!?

3. “Casper Meets Wendy”

Before the days that Hilary Duff had an animated alter-ego, she had a friendly ghost. You know you fan-girled over Hilary in this role!

4. “Double Double Toil and Trouble”

Honestly there was nothing better than some Mary-Kate and Ashley to get you in the holiday spirit–whether it was Christmas, Easter or Halloween. They were the coolest, even when they were little kiddos like they are in this movie!

5. “Hocus Pocus”

You can’t lie–this movie scared the bajeezies out of you. I don’t know if it was the plot, the music or the fact that Sarah Jessica Parker had her old nose–but this movie always sent me to sleep in my parents bed!

6. “Scooby Doo: The Movie”

I don’t care if you say you don’t like Halloween–because if you hate Scooby Doo, that’s the real problem. How could anybody hate a talking dog?! If you didn’t like the real movie–totally understandable. But if you didn’t like the cartoon as a kid, you better re-evaluate your entire existence because Scooby Doo is the best thing to ever happen to the world. Can you tell I’m a fan??

7. “Halloweentown”

This may just be the most popularized Halloween-themed Disney movie there ever was–and with good reason. I remember always looking forward to watching the Halloweentown saga every year with my brother while sneaking candy from our kitchen. 

8. “The Little Vampire”

You probably know him from Stuart Little, but he definitley may just be cuter in this movie as a vampire. Like, I’m sorry but this is the best vampire movie there ever was–not Twilight. Sorry Edward Cullen, you’ve got some major competition. 

Happy Halloween, Collegiettes! I hope this brought you back to the happier times from when you were a kid–so get ready to break into your candy stash and celebrate these awesome movies–and be thankful you aren’t a kid anymore because now these movies can’t scare you like they used to! 

Emily Murphy has been with Her Campus Media since 2018, and is currently the Branded Content Associate. She was the Campus Correspondent and Editor/President at her chapter at Winthrop University for four years, but has had a passion for all things writing since she was young. When she's not scribbling ideas down for her next branded article, she's watching reruns of Seinfeld while scrolling Pinterest for apartment inspo. Follow her on Instagram at @emilysmurfy