This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

If we don’t review the VMA fashion, did it really even happen? We all know the phrase “pics or it didn’t happen”, so let’s make it happen! Here are 7 of the most amazing outfits we saw walk the 2016 red carpet!

1. Nicki Minaj

Nicki hit ALL the marks with this dress, from the perfectly placed cutouts, to the amazing sheer illusion over the whole ensemble. When can I have a dress that is this much of a #goal?

2. Britney Spears

Britney, you can bring anything back, including the asymmetrical-mega plunge. We all know that no outfit is complete without the right accessories, but sometimes all you need is a sneaky little foot tattoo to pull your look together. Forever wishing we were on Britney’s little black dress level!

3. Troye Sivan

Oh, Troye. There are no words for how adorable this look is. Half tucked shirt, slouchy sleeves and platform shoes? Yes, please! Feel free to continue to be our everything and make amazing outfit choices (along with your amazing music).

4. Hailee Steinfeld

Hellllooooooo, Hailee! This outfit is everything to me. The hair, the length and the sunset-esque color on that GORGEOUS pattern, I love it. And honestly? That smile says it all. Hailee definitely rocks this mini dress for all its worth!

5.Queen Beyoncé​

Queen Bey, this outfit is #fire. This look might be frosty, but Beyoncé is definitely not. Who better to rock this amazing icy feather neck than the Queen herself? Just when we thought we knew it all,  this absolute GEM is brought to the table to blow us all away. You KNOW we’ll all be breaking our feather boas out soon trying to recreate this look!

6. Chantelle Winnie

SLAY ME, CHANTELLE. I can’t get enough of this amazing blended tulle wrap. Everything about this dress is spot on, from the jewelry to the gladiator-esque heels. The best part of this outfit? Chantelle’s amazing smile of course! Keep slaying life Chantelle, we LOVE it.

7. Jaden Smith

Jaden? More like BAEden! Am I right ladies? Last, but definitely not least, we are yet again stunned by Jaden’s contemporary style. Nothing screams “Jaden” like a sheer top under a hard to figure out jacket, right? I don’t know about you, but I’m always going to be jealous that he can pull off literally anything. Teach me your ways, please!

Were any of these your favorite looks from the 2016 VMAs Collegiettes?

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.