This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Giving to charity can be SO rewarding, but as a broke college student it can be hard to balance your love of shopping and the desire to give back.

Never fear Collegiettes, with this list of amazing brands that give back, you can do both!

1. Love Your Melon

Love Your Melon is a stylish apparel brand with a mission of funding projects that go to benefit children with cancer. With each Love Your Melon purchase, 50% of the profits go the Love Your Melon Fund which goes to support their partners who work to support families of children battling cancer. Not only are their products super cute, but each purchase goes towards an amazing cause. To read more about their mission or shop their products click here.

2. TOMS

Most Collegiettes knows that with every TOMS purchase help will go to someone in need. But what and where exactly do they give? They started with shoes, then gave the gift of sight, improved access to water, helped provide safe birth, and their newest cause has been to prevent bullying all in over 70 countries. To see how TOMS is dedicated to improving lives click here.

3. Sand Cloud

Sand Cloud is a beach lifestyle company that sells cute beach accessories like towels, water bottles, jewelry, and bags. Sand Cloud gives 10% of all profits to non-profit organizations that support their mission of saving marine life. To learn more about their passion for saving marine life, click here.

4. Ivory Ella

Ivory Ella not only sells cute elephant print apparel, but they also partner with Save the Elephants. Save the Elephants is an organization that specializes in the wildlife conservation of elephants. With every Ivory Ella purchase, 10% of the proceeds go towards conserving elephant life along with other charitable organizations. So Collegiettes, if you like cute clothes and saving lives, Ivory Ella is the brand for you. To learn more about their mission click here.

5. Serengetee

Serengetee started as an apparel company that aimed to support grassroots causes around the world. Today they have expanded to offer a variety of products from laptop cases to scrunchies. By purchasing any of their unique fabrics, they will give 10% of their profits to a diverse range of grassroots causes from providing micro loans to women entrepreneurs to ending sex trafficking in Thailand. To read more about their mission click here.

6. Freewaters

Freewaters is a shoe brand with a mission to provide clean drinking water in small communities around the world. From sandals to sneakers, each pair of shoes purchased supports clean drinking water projects. To date, Freewaters has completed 80 water projects including rain water harvesting, providing water in remote villages, and hand digging wells in small communities in Kenya, Haiti and the Philippines. To find out more about Freewaters water projects click here.

7. Pura Vida

Pura Vida offers a variety of unique bracelets handmade by artisans around the world. They aim to give back by partnering with over 174 charities around the world. Pura Vida supports a variety of causes from mental health awareness to wildlife causes. For every Pura Vida bracelet purchased, they donate 1% back to The Surfrider. However, if you want to donate to a specific cause, you can purchase a charity bracelet. With every purchase of a Pura Vida charity bracelet, up to 10% of the profits from your purchase will be donated to that bracelet’s cause. To learn about their story click here.

So Collegiettes, break into that piggy bank and support some amazing brands. Not only will you feel good about donating to charity, but you will also get some awesome new items for your wardrobe!

Macy Trainor

Winthrop '19

Macy is a senior Business Administration major at Winthrop. She has a passion for marketing and loves to travel. Her talents include shopping, eating, and binge-watching Netflix. Follow her on instagram @macy_trainor
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.