samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Things All Tutors Can Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

It’s National Tutor Appreciation Week, and if you’re a peer tutor then you understand just how rewarding the job is. You get to meet tons of new people and pass on your knowledge of a subject that you love while also getting paid which is pretty awesome! But with the good there’s also six super annoying things that all of us tutors can relate too….

1. An unmotivated tutee…

It’s the tutee that obviously wants to be anywhere but the session.

2.       A tutee that’s always late…

This is the tutee who forgets you’re a busy college student as well and that your time is valuable.

3.       A tutee that is never prepared…

This is the tutee that never takes notes and falls asleep during lecture and comes to the session with absolutely nothing. They usually ask to take pictures of your notes.

4.       A tutee that thinks you’re their professor…

This is the tutee that expects you to know exactly what’s going to be on the test.

5.       The tutee that second guesses everything you say…

This is the tutee that doesn’t realize you made an A in the class and had to go through an interview process to get the job.

6.       A tutee that’s rude…

This is the tutee that’s just flat out rude but you put up with it because you love your job.

Happy National Tutor Appreciation Week! 

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.