This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Today makeup has become an everyday thing for most college students, and we’re all looking for that cheap option that makes our skin look airbrushed (or snatched like Jeffree Star). We also know how hard it is find to find a foundation that matches your skin tone, SO here is a list to make that shopping trip just a little bit easier. 

1. ColourPop No filter matte foundation 

Excellent shade range and affordable at $12.99

2. Maybelline Superstay

Can be found in Target, Walmarts, Ulta, Walgreens, etc. is  $11.99

3. Covergirl Trueblend matte made

Great foundation and can found an any store near you. Only $8.44!

4. Revlon Colorstay

Oldie and goodie! Many beauty gurus use this and have suggested it for years. Only $6.99

5. L’Oreal Paris

Great shade range and can be found in a store near you or online $12.99

6. Wet n Wild Photo Focus

Save the best price for last! It is only $6.99 for wet n wild and it has a crazy shade range!

These brands are AMAZING and are doing big things in the world of skin tone friendly makeup! Collegiettes, never settle for less. Continue to research and find the best brands out there!

Katherine “Kat” is a freshman Early Childhood Education major, and a proud mother of two cats (Zena and Queen Bey). She loves cats and makeup; you will most likely find her at Ulta or Target searching for new lipsticks and eyeshadows to spend all her money on. Kat also loves reading and constantly has her iBooks open ready to read when the moment arises. Follow her on twittert: @katattack17.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.