6 Horrible Collegiette Date Confessions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

For some, a first date is sexy, surprising and exciting. For others… not so much. For all of you singles out there, these hilarious stories of dates gone wrong will make you appreciate spending Valentine’s night with your girls.

1. Watch the Waitress

“I went on a dinner date with this guy I really liked. But the whole time we were there, the waitress kept flirting with my date! I would ask her to bring stuff like napkins and water but she would always forget. When he asked for things he got them immediately. I was livid.” -Brittany

2. CristiaNO Ronaldo

“Me and this guy went to DiG’s to play foosball and he was WAY too competitive. Every time I would lose a point he would taunt me and tell me how uncoordinated I was.” -Taylor 

3. No Scrubs

“This dude kept asking to take me out so I finally said yes. He told me that he would take me off campus for lunch the next day. Right before the date he hit me up asking if I was almost ready to go and asked if I was driving. I told him no, HE was the one to ask to take ME out! This fool texted me, ‘Well, I don’t have a car, so I don’t know how were going to get there.’ I never responded. -Jessica 

4. Netflix and Freak Out

“We were watching a movie in his room when someone kept blowing up his phone. After about the sixth call, he answers the phone and yells, ‘MOM, I’M TRYING TO WATCH A MOVIE WITH A GIRL. PLEASE STOP CALLING ME!’ I was in shock.” – Rebecca 

5. PSYC Sike

“I was chilling on scholars during Common Time before my 12:30 class when I met this really cute guy. He had a bookbag on, so I asked him when his next class was. He told me that he had PSYC 101 at 12:30. Excited that we may have had the same class, I asked him what professor he had. He told me he had Smith and asked me for my number so that we could study together. A few days passed, and I never got a text from him. My friend was suspicious and told me to check Wingspan to see if the class really existed. Sure enough, there was no Smith teaching PSYC 101. I’m not even sure if there is a Smith in the Psychology department.” -Liz

6. Deadly Dinner

“I’m allergic to fish. This guy cooked for me, and when I got there it was fish. I just had to eat rice and broccoli and glare at him because he tried to kill me.” -Quinn

Follow Kayla on Instagram!

My name is Kayla Brown and I am a senior Integrated Marketing Communication major from Charleston, South Carolina.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.