This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Collegiettes, in case you haven’t already heard, Colton Underwood was announced as ABC’s Bachelor for the 2019 season today on Good Morning America. If you have been following the Bachelor/Bachelorette series for as long as I have, then you probably know Colton originally from Becca’s season on the Bachelorette and have been following his rocky appearances since then. After all the drama and heartbreak that Colton has been through, should he really have been chosen as the new Bachelor?

Here’s a few things we know about Colton:

1. He is a former NFL football player

Colton was a tight end for Illinois State and then went on to play for various NFL teams such as the San Diego Chargers, Philadelphia Eagles, and the Oakland Raiders. He gave up this career in the 2015.

2. He founded a non-profit organization for cystic fibrosis patients

Colton founded the Legacy Project, which donates money to help people with Cystic Fibrosis. He spends most of him time with the children involved with this project – a true angel.

3. He’s a virgin

As he openly admitted on Becca’s season, Colton is still a virgin. He says that he is just waiting to fall in love with the right girl to share that expereince with.

4. He loves puppies

If you follow Colton on Instagram (@coltonunderwood), you will see that he posts a lot of pictures of him with puppies. He also advocates for people to rescue dogs from shelters.

5. He had an on & off relationship with a former contestant on season 22 of the Bachelor

Colton met Tia Booth through mutual friends one weekend after she left the Bachelor and before Colton was picked to go onto the Bachelorette. They quickly connected which pushed Tia to intervene on him and Becca’s relationship on her season of the Bachelorette. Tia and Colton’s relationship re-sparked when they were both chosen to be on Season 5 of Bachelor in Paradise. However, after trying hard to make it work, Colton decided that Tia was not the one for him, and they both left paradise.

Colton seems like the perfect guy.

He’s a former athlete who spends his free time helping puppies and sick children, and he is saving himself for the right woman. What more could a girl ask for? While I truly believe Colton is a good guy, his recent heartbreak from Becca’s season of the Bachelorette and his rocky relationship with Tia leaves me with doubts that he is ready to put himself out there and find a wife.

Will Tia pop back up on his season of the Bachelor? Will he finally find the one? I guess we’ll have to tune in on the 2019 season of the Bachelor to find out!

Chastity is a Corporate Finance student at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC. While she's building her career as a business professional, she loves to cook, bake, read, and paint in her free time. Her obessions include, but are certainly not limited to - Jesus; her Yorkie pup, Max; Christmas; One Tree Hill; and holiday decorations. You can follow her on Instagram @chas.jones :)
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.