This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Looking for a fun place to road trip? The city of music is the place to be! Non-stop live music on every street corner, tons of food options, historical and spectacular museums to visit and so much more. If you’re a fan of country music and love to have a fun time then Nashville, TN is the place to be! 

Here are 5 solid places to go when you put this city as your next destination spot.  

1. The Wax Museum

(515 Opry Mills Dr, Nashville, TN)

So stinkin’ cool and freaky. It took some getting used to walking around all of the realistic wax figured celebrities but, once you’re not as freaked out and actually got pretty comfortable. There is a ton of interactive things to do throughout this super fun museum, who knows who you’ll run into and get your picture with!

2. Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum

(222 5th Ave S, Nashville, TN)

The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is an experience of its own. It is one of the world’s largest and most active music research centers and is actively dedicated to preserve the roots of country music. You’ll actually leave here with a lot more knowledge about the country music world.

3. The Grand Ole Opry House

(2804 Opryland Dr, Nashville TN)

This places slogan is “The Show that Made Country Music Famous” and their not wrong. The Grand Ole Opry House has been around for forever and still plays weekly country music concerts of up and coming artist and famous singers that you may already know. It is pure entertainment at its core and tickets aren’t overly expensive.

4. The Diner

(200 3rd Ave S, Nashville, TN)

In the heart of downtown Nashville this place did not disappoint, it is a must! Six different floors of food with each its own vibe. My suggestion is to go all the way up to the sixth floor to get the absolute coolest views of downtown while you get your grub on.

5. The Frothy Monkey Coffeehouse

(1400 51st Ave N, Nashville, TN)

Now, this is a bit more of a local coffeehouse and not extremely touristy. However, not to be dramatic but, it was the best coffee I’ve ever had in my life and the deserts are to die for. So, after a day around all the hussle and bussle of Nashville stopping by here is the best way to decompress with a cup of joe.

These were only some of the cool places to stop by on you’re way out and about through the music city. There are still a million other exciting and fun places to go see and explore around this vibrant and great city.  

If you need a place to stop by on spring break or simply a new place to put on your road trip list make sure to put Nashville, TN at the top of your list!!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.