5 Things That Are All Too Relatable for Those of Us in Long-Distance Relationships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Being in a LDR, or long-distance relationship, is worth it if you really care about your significant other, but sometimes, it can be really difficult. We all love seeing our S/O’s in person, but the times that we can’t see them can be really long, and frustrating at times. But, with all of the difficult and frustrating times, there are also the wonderful times that we do get to see them. I’m sure all of you committed cuties can relate to these things that are WAY too real for those of us in long-distance relationships.

Having Facetime dates because you can’t always go on real dates

No, we can’t always have coffee with our S/O’s in person, but thanks to modern technology, we can see his or her face and hear his or her voice while having coffee, no matter where each of you are!

Losing your Snapchat streak when you actually get to see your significant other

That’s the worst.

Literally ALWAYS carrying around your phone charger just in case your S/O calls

Always remember your charger and locate the nearest outlet in any room you walk into!

Writing letters or long text messages to get out your feels 

Because sometimes, emojis just aren’t enough. Also, it’s fun to feel like Savannah from Dear John when my boyfriend writes me letters!

Forcing your S/O to take a million photos with each other when you actually see him or her 

Polaroid pics anyone?

I hope these all too relatable things made my fellow LDR ladies laugh! It’s difficult, but if you really care about that person, then it’s worth it, as I’m sure you’re reminded every time you get to see him or her! 

Allison is a sophomore at Winthrop University where she majors in English and has a concentration in Secondary Education. On campus, Allison is very involved-she is an Honors student, Admissions Ambassador, and a member of Her Campus Winthrop, Baptist Collegiate Ministry, and Ratio Christi. Allison loves her family and friends very much, and tries to spread the love of Jesus wherever she goes. In her free time, Allison loves to travel (Paris, France is her favorite!), read classics like Pride and Prejudice, and drink iced coffee while binge-watching New Girl on Netflix. Follow her on Instagram to see her attempts to be artistic @allisondsnipes
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.