yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

With Halloween right around the corner are you looking for a costume idea but don’t want to spend too much money? I know Halloween costumes can be expensive. Read this article to find 5 Halloween costumes you can home make and not only save money but have a great costume!

1. Minnie Mouse

All you need is a red tutu, cut out circles of white construction paper and you have a Minnie Mouse costume!

2. Gum Ball Machine

Have a red dress at home? Buy a bag of colorful craft cotton balls and glue the top half of the dress with the cotton balls. You can add the 25 cents with paper to make it look more like a gumball machine.

3. Scarecrow

Grab a plaid shirt from your closet and add some face makeup, you can even add a denim overall or hat!

4. Pineapple

Buy an over-sized yellow t-shirt ( or any color depending on the fruit you choose) and cut out a green crown for the stem. Super easy and inexpensive.

5. Sports Player

Grab your favorite jersey or favorite team gear and go as a sports player (depending on the type of jersey).

Now you have a few ideas for Halloween costumes that are easy to make and not expensive, get excited for Halloween!

Happy Halloween Collegiettes!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.