5 Halloween Plans that Don’t Involve Going To A Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Collegiettes, with Halloween only three weeks away, it’s time to start making your plans! 

Halloween is one of the most creative and exciting events of the holiday season, and I think it’s pretty safe to say that we all want to let loose and have a good time. However, contrary to what my fellow college students may believe, making your Halloween a night to remember does not necessarily have to involve going to a party.

Sure, a lot of us are stressed, maybe a little strung out, and we may very well want to get a little wild – and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that!

BUT, for those of us that aren’t really into the party scene, or just don’t feel like making plans that involve 50+ other people, here are some suggestions that will surely make your Halloween a night to remember. 

1. Go to a haunted house/trail

Haunted houses and hayrides are generally pretty common and easily accessible during the Halloween season, PLUS dressing up in a costume is still completely acceptable!

2. Visit a local Fall Festival 

Fall festivals are full of fun activities like carnival games, pumpkin picking, and tons of food — sounds like a win, win, win to me!

3. Have a scary (or non-scary) Halloween movie night with your besties

This one is kind of a no-brainer, but who doesn’t love sitting around in comfy clothes and being surrounded by snacks and some of your closest friends? 

4. Pumpkin painting/carving

It’s a popular opinion that the unofficial symbol of Halloween is the pumpkin, so why not decorate your own this year? (insert shameless plug of the HC pumpkin I painted)

5. Go Trick-or-Treating

Let’s be honest, it’s probably been a hot minute since you dressed up and walked around your neighborhood asking strangers for candy, BUT why not reminisce about old times by giving it one more try? You may not get any candy (people will likely question you about your age) but with the right group, it’s still guaranteed to be a good time. 

So even if you aren’t into the party scene, or you’d just like to switch up your plans this Halloween, there’s plenty of different ways to guarantee a fun time on the spookiest night of the year!

Nicholle Lewis

Winthrop '20

Nicholle is a junior biology major with a minor in psychology and Winthrop University. In addition to being Editor in Cheif for Her Campus at Winthrop, she is an honors student, an undergraduate research assistant, a member of the fraternal conduct board, and a sister of Delta Zeta. In her free time, Nicholle enjoys reading, hiking, yoga, and meeting new dogs. When asked what her favorite aspect of Her Campus is, Nicholle replied "I love Her Campus because if has helped me learn to not only find my own voice, but to use it to connect with so many people I wouldn't have met otherwise." 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.