This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

February 13th, the day to celebrate your love for your lady friends, single or not!

Here are 5 Galentine’s Day Essentials approved by Leslie Knope!

1. Flowers

Whether a handpicked sunflower, a bouquet of roses or hand crocheted flower pens your girlfriends will appreciate the sentimental gift.

2. Brunch

At brunch, you get both breakfast and lunch choices which is perfect for all of your pals that are indecisive. Plus, it’s the perfect time for all of your friends who aren’t morning people.  

3. Words of Affirmation

This small act of kindness can mean so much to your friends. If you are writing them a personalized 5000-word essay about them like Leslie or just saying that they are great friends, everyone is sure to appreciate it.

4. Crafts

This is always a fun activity for all of your friends to join in even if they claim they aren’t artistic. Creating your own Paint & Pour or making a mosaic of your friends, will be full of fun and laughter.

5. Romantic Stories  

At least one of your friends will have a story that just makes your heart race, even if it is about her boyfriend from the 6th grade. If not, I’ll always recommend The Notebook, The Vow, or literally, any other Nicholas Sparks book turned movie.

HCXO From a gal who can’t wait to celebrate her gal pals!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.