This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

It’s that time of year, Trick-or-Treaters! If you love Halloween as much as we do, then these snacks are for you! Here are five fun, cheap and easy Halloween-themed snacks you can make.

1. Donut Spiders

This is a super fun one to make, especially with kids! Here’s what you need:

1. Little Debbie’s Mini Chocolate Frosted Donuts

2. Pretzel Sticks

3. M&M’s

4. Icing

All you have to do it stick four pretzel sticks on each side of the donut to make your spider legs, then place two drops of icing and add M&M’s on top of them for eyes!

2. Witch Brooms

This is one of the easiest ones to make! All you need is:

1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

2. Pretzel Sticks

Stick one pretzel stick into the bottom of the Reese’s Cup, and voila! You have a witch’s broom.

3. Witch Hats

These go perfect with your witch brooms! Here’s what you need:

1. Oreos (or any dark cookie really)

2. Icing

3. Hershey’s Kiss

All you have to do it put a little icing on top of your Oreo cookie and then place the Hershey’s kiss on top of that! You can add a little of your own touch by adding small sprinkles to the icing or using different icing colors.

4. Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats

What you need:

1. Rice Krispies Cereal

2. Marshmallows

3. Butter

4. Red and Yellow Food Coloring

5. Tootsie Rolls

You can find a Rice Krispies Treat recipe on any box of Rice Krispies Cereal. Follow that recipe, but before you add the Rice Krispies, put in red and yellow food coloring to the melted marshmallows the give it an orange color. Then after you add the Rice Krispies, make small balls like the shape of a pumpkin. Bake them, then add the tootsie rolls while they are still warm to make a stem! You can add your own touch to the pumpkins with leaves or faces. 

5. Bones

What you need:

1. Pretzel Sticks

2. Mini Marshmallows

3. White Chocolate Melting Chips

Melt the white chocolate melting chips in a bowl, then dip the pretzels into it. Let the chocolate harden, then add a marshmallow to each end and you’ve got a bone!

Happy Halloween, Collegiettes!

Ali Maclay is a biology major, chemistry minor, psychology minor, and honors student at Winthrop University. She is an aspiring Neuroscientist and hopes to work at St. Jude Children's Hospital. She is the Facebook Social Media Director for Her Campus Winthrop's Facebook page, and associate member of Tri Beta Biological Honors Society, and a member of the Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society at Winthrop. When she's not doing academic work, working at her job, or writing for HC, she's probably binge-watching Netflix, dreaming on Pinterest, stress cleaning, or eating ice cream.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.