This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Happy Holidays, Collegiettes! If you need ideas for some Christmas desserts for your next holiday party, look no further! We’ve put together some of the cutest and simplest dessert idea for you to try.

Snowman Cupcakes

This one is too cute and so easy to make! All you need to do is make any kind of cupcake you want, spread vanilla icing over it, and cover it in white crystalized decorating sugar. Then you can add chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth and a butterscotch chocolate chip for the nose!

Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies

My grandparents always had these cookies around Christmas. These have a pretty specific recipe, but they are easy to make. You can find the recipe here, just scroll to the middle of the page to find it!

Strawberry Santas

Alli you need is:

• Fresh strawberries
  • Vanilla frosting (in a can or homemade)
  • Black icing gel

And all you have to do is cut the stawberries, add the icing, give Santa his eyes with the icing gel, and then give him a strawberry hat!

Christmas Wreath Cookies

This is another one I had at my grandparents’. It’s like making rice krispy treats, but with cornflakes.! You need:

• Butter
  • Marshmallows
  • Cornflakes
  • Green food coloring
  • Vanilla
  • Red candies 

The instructions are here

Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake

This is fun and easy! You just have to make any cake you want to, and decorate it like an ugly sweater. You have so much room to get creative.

Ali Maclay is a biology major, chemistry minor, psychology minor, and honors student at Winthrop University. She is an aspiring Neuroscientist and hopes to work at St. Jude Children's Hospital. She is the Facebook Social Media Director for Her Campus Winthrop's Facebook page, and associate member of Tri Beta Biological Honors Society, and a member of the Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society at Winthrop. When she's not doing academic work, working at her job, or writing for HC, she's probably binge-watching Netflix, dreaming on Pinterest, stress cleaning, or eating ice cream.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.