This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

A day trip to Charlotte is always the highlight of my weekend, but what better to top off a stay-cation to our friendly neighbor than a glorious Sunday brunch date?

I am here to provide you with a list of 5 must-brunches in Charlotte. Grab a pal and head out on Sunday morning for mimosas and waffles!

1. The Crispy Crepe

Nutella banana crepes? Yes, please and thank you. The Crispy Crepe is a quaint French-inspired corner restaurant in South End Charlotte. Their delicious menu consists of sweet and savory crepes, Belgian waffles, and lunch sandwiches and menu items. If you’re feeling like a caffeine boost, their Cookie Butter or S’mores latte is to die for.

2. Eddie’s Place

Eddie’s Place is the perfect place for a morning mimosa or some chicken and waffles! Their impressive yet SUPER affordable New-Orleans inspired brunch menu will wow you and leave you with some spending money in your pockets! They are located in the South Park area, and the interior is filled with fun lights and a warm, inviting vibe.

3. Terrace Café

Terrace Café is South Park Mall’s popular and delicious neighbor. They also have another lovely location in Ballantyne. This place is WELL known for their red velvet waffles with a light vanilla frosting drizzle, and they also make killer Bloody Mary’s. Their brunch menu is elegant and their plates are well-decorated and amazing in every way. With two stories and some excellent service, this classy brunch spot will never disappoint.

4. Zada Jane’s Corner Café

This hip and trendy café located in the heart of Plaza Midwood is an excellent place to have some brunch fun. They are decorated with bright colors, local art for sale, and a miss match of fun details. You can even play cornhole while you wait for your table! With spring approaching, this fun spot brews fresh coffee all morning, and you will leave with a smile on your face.

5. Roots Café

For all of you healthy brunchers out there, Roots Café is the perfect spot to fill your cravings in a body-happy way. Their exciting menu is ever-changing, but some favorites include delectable Avocado Toast, unique Latkes (potato pancakes), Quinoa Grain bowls, and healthy breakfast burritos and tacos. They even have a coffee subscription for your caffeine addiction! Plus, their crisp, plant-decorated interior is nothing short of Insta-worthy. 

What are you waiting for, Collegiettes? Grab a friend and check out one of these awesome spots the next time you’re in the mood for some delcious brunch!

Lauren Griffith is a junior Mass Communication major at Winthrop University. She hopes to one day be a journalist for a newspaper or magazine, and loves writing for Her Campus at Winthrop University! In her spare time, she loves to listen to music, go to concerts, and write poetry. 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.