This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

We all remember those moments of suspense,laughter, shock and aww as we watched a new Netflix show . We all 100% love a good tv show. Especially during quarantine, if I wasn’t in a Zoom classroom, I was in my pajamas on my couch watching Netflix. I would say I’m ashamed of how many hours I’ve spent watching Netflix shows all the way though, but I’m not. My screen time definitely hit an all time high though, that’s for sure. I love the feeling of watching something new for the first time, but I even love it again the second time or third or fourth. It’s a feeling of comfort and the possibility to find some easter eggs I missed the first time. So here’s a list of my all time favorite shows and movies that I believe deserve a second watch or third or fourth. 

Brigerton

Brigerton was written by Shonda Rhimes, who if you’re as obsessed with Grey’s anatomy as me, you recognize as previously being a creator and screenwriter for ABC. The series is a period drama set in the 17th century in England. It focuses on the Brigerton family, as they navigate the social season. Even though it’s been available since Christmas, I won’t give away any spoilers. I will say that Brigeton is a combination of Gossip Girl (xoxo) and Downton Abbey.  But let’s be real, who wouldn’t want to see the Duke of Hastings, Simon Bassett, bless their screen again. Or try to figure out how they missed who Lady Whistledown is. I definitely had the same feeling finding out who Lady Whistledown is as I did when I found out who Gossip Girl was. 

Ginny and Georgia 

Ginny and Georgia recently just hit Netflix, and if you’re already like me then you’ve already watched all ten episodes. Ginny and Georgia tells about Georgia, a young mom with many secrets, Ginny, the teenage daughter trying to be the opposite of her mother, and Austin, the young son who may or may not have some problems of his own. The three of them move to a small town in Massachusetts, where they try to run from the past and hopefully have a new beginning. Throughout the show we get secrets, love, heartbreak,happiness and even a touch of murder. You don’t even realize that this show only has ten episodes, because once you’re sucked in, that’s it. Of course, with a lot of Netflix shows there’s some cliche moments in there but if you can look past that then you’re all set. 

Outer Banks

If you live in South Carolina you know all the hype around this show, it was filmed around Charleston. The show follows a group of friends who live in poverty and have some very strong conflicts with the upper class on the other side of the island. You may think you know what’s going to happen but there’s some many twists and turns it’s amazing. As the episodes continue, it gets more and more exciting and more and more addicting. I definitely watched this all in one sitting and then went and followed Rudy Pankow and Chase Stokes on Instagram. 

The Home Edit 

If you are like me then your organizational skills have increased ten folds thanks to Clea Sherarer and Joanna Teplin from the Home Edit. As they take us through the rich and famous and typical households as they transform areas. While organizing, they show you how to edit your space, and make sure everything has a place. They show you how to edit,categorize, and contain. My favorite house was definitely (and this is a spoiler) when they transformed Reese Witherspoon’s closet. Which had clothes from all the movies she’s been a part of including Legally Blonde, Sweet Home Alabama, and Big Little Lies. I know an organization show seems like a weird show to rewatch, but everytime you watch it you pick up on little things. Plus I don’t know about anyone else but watching shows like this just want to make me clean my room. 

These are my recommendations for all of your Netflix binge time, I hope you enjoy and they provide a nice distraction from life. I enjoyed watching these shows and I hope you do too, if it’s your first time watching. Maybe I gave you a new show to watch when you’re finished with your Zoom classes. Stay Safe xoxo

Chyna Wallace

Winthrop '23

My name is Chyna Wallace and I am a senior at Winthrop University. I am a Mass Communications major with a broadcast concentration, with a plan to graduate in May 2023. I also have a passion for photography, film, and education which fits into my passion for journalism. I use my creative skills to thrive in my major, but also teach elementary school children in my free time.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.