This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

SPOILER ALERT

Who can resist the dreamy Peter Kavinsky? I know I can’t. Throughout the movie and the book, “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” I found many reasons as to why Peter Kavinsky was the BEST fake boyfriend to Lara Jean.

1. Peter is the Best Listener

Throughout the book and the movie Peter always listened to Lara Jean. One scene in the movie where Peter listened was the one in the kitchen where  Lara Jean talked about her mom and Peter understood what she was saying. Peter always makes Lara Jean feel safe.

2. Peter liked being with Lara Jean’s family

Instead of going out to a party on a Friday night, Peter would spend the evening with Lara Jean’s family. In the book and the movie, there were many scenes where you could see Peter really enjoyed spending time with Lara Jean’s sister Kitty. Peter even drove Lara Jean and Kitty to school every day!

3. The way Peter called Lara Jean “Covey”

Who can resist a cute nickname? I know I can’t. In the movie, it was so cute how Peter called Lara Jean “Covey.” It was so natural, and it showed how much Peter truly cared about Lara Jean. The way Peter called Lara Jean “Covey”, it is truly relationship goals.

4. The back pocket spin

The way Peter spun Lara Jean and put his hand in her back pocket in the cafeteria was sooooooo swoon worthy. Who doesn’t want a boy who shows his girlfriend off in public? 

The list could go on and on, but these are my top four reasons as to why Peter Kavinsky is the ultimate boyfriend. To all you boys out there, start notes from Peter Kavinsky!

Collegiettes, if you haven’t see the movie, “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before” on Netflix, I highly encourage you to see it! After the movie, you will start to believe in love again!

Mariah Morris

Winthrop '19

Hello, I'm Mariah!
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.