jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 People You Can Love on V-Day That Aren’t Your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

There is nothing wrong with being single. In the words of my Dad, “If you don’t love your selfie, you can’t love anyone else!”

This Valentine’s Day there’s no need to get the blues. There are SO many other people you can show your love to that aren’t a significant other! Here are some of those people! 

1. Love Yourself

You are a goddess, so treat yourself as one! Take yourself out for Valentine’s Day by going to get your nails done, getting a massage or getting a facial! Buy yourself a new outfit, a new purse, and a new pair of heels. Send yourself some flowers, get your makeup done, or just anything that makes you feel awesome! Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to reward yourself for simply being you, so make sure you do so!

2. Love Your Parents

Your parents helped you blossom into the goddess that you are, so why not use Valentine’s Day to say thank you? There is never a wrong time to let your parents know how much you love and appreciate them for molding you into the woman you are today, and I think it’s safe to say that most of our parents have worked really hard to make sure we can be where we are today. So, spend a little of your hard earned money and time on them.

3. Friends

Since you are a goddess, I know you have a squad of goddess friends. Use this day to show your goddess squad some love. Let your right hand women know that they have enhanced your life, and that their presence is valued. Send them flowers, take them to get their nails done, or treat them to lunch or dinner. If you’re like me then you have some single goddess friends, so why not treat yourselves together! 

The love of yourself, parents, and your friends is sometimes more significant and fulfilling than that of significant other, and often lasts a lot longer. Don’t take these relationships for granted and remember that you are loved and cherished. Take time to give back to yourself and to those that bring out the greatness inside you. The love from your family and goddess squad are going to last you a lifetime. Embrace your single-ness. Flaunt your goddess.

Happy Valentine’s Day, collegiettes!

Follow Cherise on Instagram!

Instagram @OhSoBariSaxy SnapChat @OhSoBariSaxy Twitter @OhSoBariSaxy YouTube Cherise Ishman Made in Germany. Raised All Over The World. Army Brat. Christian. Saxophonist. Band Geek. Low Reeds Instructor. Model. Sephora Girl. Winthrop University Music Education Major. Writer for Her Campus Winthrop. John 3:30
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.