11 Things That Happen When Your Parents Are On Facebook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Let’s admit it. We weren’t exactly thrilled when our parents decided to get Facebook accounts. We were even less thrilled when they sent friend requests to us. While we may have wanted to ignore or delete their friend request, we knew sooner of later they would force us to accept them as our friend. 

If your parents aren’t on Facebook, consider yourself lucky. 

Here are 11 things that happen when your parents are on Facebook. 

1.     They feel the need to like and/or comment on nearly, if not all of your statuses. 

2.     They overdo it on the emoticons and emojis. 

3.     They ask you a million questions on how Facebook works, and then a million more. 

4.     They use Facebook to talk to you instead of just texting or calling you. 

5.     They ask you questions on Facebook instead of using Google. 

6.     They think it’s ok to share embarrassing baby pictures of you on their feed. 

7.     They won’t understand text acronyms and will use them inappropriately.  

8.     They link and share the strangest things.

9.     They create plenty of TMI moments. 

10.  They use all caps in their messages. 

11.  But you can always count on them to comment with the best inspirational messages…sometimes… 

As embarrassing as they might be sometimes, they are our parents and we love them. At least they give us a good chuckle! 

Happy Facebooking, Collegiettes!

Anna-Marie Hayward is a senior mass communications major at Winthrop University. She is passionate about journalism and wants to go into sports journalism as a career. Her favorite sports are football and basketball, and she is an avid fan of the WWE. She loves writing poetry on a variety of subjects, composing songs in a variety of genres, reading just about anything, exercising three times a week, and playing video games even when they make her rage. You can follow her on Twitter at @annabananatrees and on Instagram at annabanana_4ever. 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.