10 Signs You’re A Capricorn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

December 21-January 19th is the best season and do you know why? Because it’s Capricorn season!

I’m sure that if you’re reading this it’s because you are either a Capricorn or you know one!

Capricorn’s are the best, so if you’re anything but a Capricorn… I’m so sorry. We are unique but we are also complicated. Here are some of our characteristics!

1. They LOVE to work.

Capricorns are some of the most ambitious people you will come across. They are hard working and dedicated. They’re definitely not afraid to do whatever it takes to reach success.

2. They are not quite exactly the perfect “people” person

Capricorn’s love keeping to themselves. They are quite introverted, and can come off as being distant or cold. They have to get to know you more before getting too comfortable.

3. They’re in love with money

They’re called materialistic, they’re called money hungry. But who doesn’t love money, even just a little bit? They don’t like spending their hard-earned money on things that aren’t really worth it.

4. They are some of the most sarcastic people you will ever meet

Hopefully you can understand and appreciate the art of sarcasm because Capricorn’s are extremely skilled. Are they being serious or are they just being sarcastic? Will you be able to tell?

5. They are very adult-like

They are organized and responsible. They are a lot more mature than other signs.

6. They don’t care to be the center of attention

They like to be known for their work, but they hate being put on the spot for it. They like to receive their praise in a quiet manner and keep it moving. Do you want to be the center of attention? Please take it!

7. They are NOT risk takers

They’d much rather not get involved in any risky business (pun intended), especially if they know they won’t be 100% successful. They enjoy doing things that they’re used to rather than trying something new.

8. They don’t care much for parties

Some people are happiest when they’re out drinking/partying, but Capricorns are the happiest when they’re achieving their goals.

9. They have a reliable BS detector

No one call tell someone is lying like a Capricorn can. They are good judges of character thanks to their overanalyzing ways

10. They are deemed emotionless

Some people think that Capricorn’s don’t have any emotions, but in reality they just don’t openly show them. When they do show emotion, it’s like an overflowing cup.

Hopefully this gives some of you some insight into the personality of a Capricorn! Yes, they’re difficult to understand sometimes, but trust me they’re worth it. Happy Capricorn season Collegiettes!!!

Itzel Lara

Winthrop '20

Itzel Lara is a junior Social Studies Education major at Winthrop! She has hopes of becoming a high school teacher, and work her way up to teaching at a university! She has been a staff writer for Her Campus Winthrop for 3 years! One of the many reasons why Itzel loves Her Campus is because of the love that everyone has for one another – Her Campus has been a home away from home for her. She is originally from Los Angeles, California and relocated to South Carolina to continue her education. She is absolutely obsessed with giraffes! She loves exploring new places - especially waterfalls! If she's not binge watching something on Netflix then she's probably napping or hanging out with her dog, Jasper! Follow her on instagram (@ItzelCeleste_)! 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.