body images 2019 10 19 hc20poem202jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2019 10 19 hc20poem202jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Reasons Why You Should Conquer Valentine’s Day 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Don’t be discouraged this year by finding yourself indulging in the half-priced candy the day after Valentine’s, cuddled up watching Grey’s Anatomy, Euphoria, or the latest episode of Too Hot to Handle. 

Many of us dread Valentine’s Day, let’s be honest. Too often we neglect our friends when they are in relationships. Make 2022 your year and include your friends too! Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be just for relationships. We all see the ridiculous amounts of flowers, jewelry, chocolates and more posted on social media, but that doesn’t mean you too have to ditch V-Day. Regardless of your relationship status, it’s time to conquer Valentine’s Day! 

Spread the love and appreciation you and your friends deserve. These ten ideas make it easy and fun to conquer the day you probably discourage the most. 

Grab your friends (especially your gals) and show them how much they are appreciated! Gear up for the 10 best ideas to crush Valentine’s Day regardless of your relationship status. 

1. Dip into your first Galentine’s treat with a Fondue night

Gossip or exchange stories with your girls while dipping your favorite snack or treat into a delicious warm chocolate mixture. This cute and easy Fondue set makes a perfect addition to any night!

2. Gift Exchange

Nothing says it better than a cute mug, warm socks, and face masks to make your friends smile. 

3. Glamorous Gal’s Dinner

Get your little black (or red) dress on for this one! Meet your friends at a favorite local spot or dive deep at the restaurant you have all wanted to try. 

4. Self-care Monday

Find your face-masks, nail polish, journals, or whatever you like to include in your self-care and get creative. Paint this gorgeous shade of red or pink on your friend’s nails and throw on some good throwback songs. 

5. Get Creative

Run to your local craft store and grab canvases and paint. Let yourself free and paint what comes to mind or take a peek at Pinterest and find a cute idea. This can also be a fun way to paint something for a friend or a new addition to your room. 

6. V-day Brunch

Grab your friends and eat some pancakes for a laid back brunch. Mimosas are a must!

7. Game Night

Whether it’s For the Girls, What Do You Meme?, or Cards Against Humanity, grab your cards and get ready to play!

8. Karaoke

At a local Karaoke joint or in your living room, sing your heart out. This is one of my favorite things to do. Even if you can’t sing, the laughs will be contagious. 

9. Bake Your Heart Out

Cakes, cupcakes or even chocolate dipped pretzels make for the tastiest treats to share. Check out this easy V-Day heart cake you can make with friends!

10. DIY Photo Booth

Dollar stores hit the spot with easy and cheap decorations. Get some friends and have your cameras ready. Set up cute backgrounds and décor to take photos for your latest IG feed. 

My name is Gabby. I am a junior at Winthrop University, studying Athletic Training as well as a minor in coaching. I love dogs, plants and sports. I am passionate about self-care, mental health, feminism and spirituality.