10 of the Most Elaborate Christmas Sweaters the Internet Had to Offer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Well, Collegiettes, Halloween is over, November is finally here and we all know what that means… it’s almost Christmas!

With the holiday season quickly approaching, it’s officially time to start planning. 

There is shopping to start, baking to do, and parties to plan – and if you’re anything like me, you’re going to be on the prowl for the perfect holiday party outfit. 

While I know the majority of us are looking for something cute, trendy, and festive, I think the best way to cover all of these bases is with your very own ugly Christmas sweater. Christmas sweater’s are obviously very popular. I mean, people have parties that are specifically planned to celebrate how cute and creative people can get when it comes to them. But rather than simply buy a Christmas sweater from any old department store, why not make your own? Seize this opportunity to show off your creative side and really make a statement this year! 

With this being said, I’d like to present 10 of the coolest, most innovative, and most elaborate Christmas sweaters I was able to find!

1. A reindeer throwing up Christmas

2. Grandma got run over by a reindeer

3. You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch 

4. Why date on bumble when you can be the Bumble himself? 

5. A sweater to let you strategically hide your holiday food baby 

6. Can’t forget about the classics 

7. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire? 

8.  When snacks are life 

9. Rudolph, is that you? 

10.  And my absolute favorite, a literal Christmas tree 

Whether you’re hosting your own party, or attending someone else’s these sweaters are sure to make a lasting impression!

Nicholle Lewis

Winthrop '20

Nicholle is a junior biology major with a minor in psychology and Winthrop University. In addition to being Editor in Cheif for Her Campus at Winthrop, she is an honors student, an undergraduate research assistant, a member of the fraternal conduct board, and a sister of Delta Zeta. In her free time, Nicholle enjoys reading, hiking, yoga, and meeting new dogs. When asked what her favorite aspect of Her Campus is, Nicholle replied "I love Her Campus because if has helped me learn to not only find my own voice, but to use it to connect with so many people I wouldn't have met otherwise." 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.