This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

This election has been so atypical that sometimes, we have to laugh so we don’t cry about the future of our nation. Saturday Night Live is known for their ruthless jokes, especially during election seasons, and they really have not held back this time. Ever since last year, the irreverent show has made countless jokes about pretty much everyone in the political circuit—even ex-president George Bush. The show’s talented cast and guest stars have used comedy to make this election just a tad bit more tolerable. Here are some of the highlights.

1. Will Ferrell’s Cold Open as George Bush

You know something has to be funny for Will Ferrell, a seasoned SNL vet, to break character and laugh. His spot-on impersonation of the 42nd president will have crack you up.

2. Tina Fey’s Cold Open as Sarah Palin

Ever since 2008, Tina Fey’s Sarah Palin impression has been so good it’s kind of scary, and this time is no exception. 

3. Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon on Weekend Update

It turns out that the mothers of suburban Philadelphia may be the deciding votes of the election, so check out Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon dress up as two suburban moms from Philadelphia and talk about the pros and cons of each candidate. Bonus points if you catch Jimmy Fallon’s fake nails.

4. Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Monologue

The genius creator of the Broadway smash Hamilton parodies his own song from the show, My Shot, talking about the election and taking a few hilarious jabs at a certain nominee.

5. Debate #1 Cold Open

Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin’s Clinton and Trump impressions are so uncanny it’s a little spooky. 

6. Celebrity Family Feud: Political Edition

SNL stars dressed up as famous people who are aligned with each candidate, including Bill Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Governor Chris Christie, and Ivanka Trump. It was a hoot, to say the least.

7. VP Debate Cold Open

Try not to laugh at Alec Baldwin’s Trump impression. I dare you.

8. Hillary Clinton Bar Talk

Check out Kate McKinnon’s spot on Hillary impression…talking to Hillary Clinton. Maybe if the whole presidency thing doesn’t work out, Hill can become a bartender.

9. Debate #2 Cold Open

There are honestly few things funnier than the opening sequence where “Anderson Cooper” and “Martha Raddatz” take shots before the candidates come out and when the candidates square off.

10. Debate #3 Cold Open

America’s dad, Tom Hanks, plays the reluctant moderator of the third debate, which was pretty much made for SNL.

Well Collegiettes, in between all your laughs at Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin, make sure you’re registered to vote and you’re informed about your candidates so you can vote on November 8th!

Isabella is sophomore political science major at Winthrop University. She is equal parts coffee, chick fil a, and Friends quotes. She loves her sorority, memes, traveling, petting dogs, Barack Obama, and telling bad jokes. She can connect anything to The Office and when she grows up, she wants to change the world. Check out her adventures on Instagram: @izzyazaleaxo
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.