This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Name: Zach NewellAge: 21Hometown: Cottage Grove, MNMajor: Computer scienceRelationship Status: Single

HC (Her Campus): What is your guilty pleasure?ZN (Zach Newell): Chick flicks, a really good one is 27 Dresses.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?ZN: Kendall Jenner would definitely be mine.

HC: Blondes, brunettes or redheads?ZN: Blondes usually, but then when I see a brunette or redhead, that’s attractive.

HC: Are you involved in any extracurricular activities?ZN: Intramural soccer. I’ve been playing soccer my whole life.

HC: What is one thing someone may not know about you:ZN: I’m a “softie.”

HC: What kind of characteristics does your dream girl have?ZN: She’s got to be funny because I’m very sarcastic. She obviously has to be nice, I mean, I’m not trying to date a b****. The first thing I see is a girl’s smile.

HC: We did a little creeping and saw you worked at lifetime fitness. What is your number one fitness tip?ZN: I work at Signatures in Winona, but back at home I worked at Lifetime. My fitness advice would be to burn more calories than you consume. Also, beer calories and fast food, after bar close, don’t count towards your calorie intake.

HC: What is your outlook on Taylor Swift?ZN: Well, I bought my older sister her last album.

HC: What’s the best part about having a sister?ZN: I actually have two sisters. I don’t know if there is a best thing about having two sisters. They always made me wear makeup and tickled me till I peed, but I would say I understand girls a little bit better now because of having two sisters.

HC: What is your biggest turn off?ZN: When people are rude, or when people don’t say thank you, manners are important.

HC: What is your favorite thing about WSU?ZN: I love how tight-knit it is and how everyone has a mutual friend.

HC: What are three words to describe yourself?ZN: Generous, sarcastic and hard working.

HC: What would be the title of your autobiography?ZN: Sarcastic Piece of S***

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?ZN: Hopefully, in some type of long term relationship with a well paying job in the cities.

HC: Where are you most liking to be found on a Friday night?ZN: A good first place to check is Gabby’s, then Market, and then I’d probably be back at Gabby’s.

HC: What’s your favorite Winona hangout?ZN: Mangos, I usually order the taco salad or tall beers on Fridays.

HC: What’s your go-to pick up line?ZN: On a scale of 1 to America, how free are you tonight?

HC: Kill, Marry, Bang – Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, and Selena Gomez?ZN: I’m going to kill Demi, sorry Demi fans. I’m definitely going to bang Miley, I’d probably question you if your bang wasn’t Miley. Lastly, I’d marry Selena; you got to marry the good one, plus my mom would like her.

HC: What would be your ideal date?ZN: In the winter, ice-skating and dinner. In the summer, I’d want to go to the drive-in and get some ice cream and then go on a walk around the lake. I think it’s important to talk on the first date instead of just going to a movie and not talking.

HC: How do you feel about being nominated for campus cutie?ZN: At first I was shocked, but I’m very flattered. Maybe the ladies should be more outgoing and message me instead of messaging you guys.

Meet Julia Arneson. She is a junior studying public relations and marketing. She loves being able to utilize her writing skills and creativity in the classroom. In her spare time you could find her sipping on Franzia with her roommates or playing with her hedgehog Jonas, named after her favorite boy band, the Jonas Brothers. Julia is always the first to lend a helping hand. She is the treasurer of a community service club on campus and strives to serve the Winona community as best as she can. Other than getting hitched to a Jonas brother; her future goals consist of working for a large public relations agency and living in New York or Chicago.
Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.