This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Movies are great, and being able to see a movie that has had so much promise and word-of-mouth is always so exciting. Sometimes, though, these movies turn out to be way worse than what you were originally expecting. It’s always so disappointing when promising movies turn out to be duds. Here are some of the worst movies I have seen.

Zoolander 2

I have no words. My roommates and I went to see this thinking it would be good. Boy, were we wrong. Honestly, the best part was seeing Benedict Cumberbatch without eyebrows… I kid you not, we almost left halfway through. This tops my list as the worst movie ever.

47 Meters Down

I was actually looking forward to this movie; I thought it was going to be really good – which it was, until the last 15 minutes. The ending was a complete let-down and I can’t believe I wasted two hours of my life.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

The first Paul Blart movie was okay because it was the only one at the time. The second one was the same plot line, except instead of being in a mall, he was in Vegas. Kind of like the Hangover movies.

That’s My Boy

While Adam Sandler was a comedic genius back in the day, a lot of his current movies have the same, tired comedy behind it. Although, I will say that the repetitive cast Sandler uses (Nick Swardson, Rob Schneider, and David Spade) never fails to make me laugh.

I Know What You Did Last Summer

This was just dumb . . . a 90s “horror” movie that was probably the biggest waste of time ever. Sorry Jennifer Love, maybe you should stick to helping ghosts.

Snatched

Parts of this movie were funny, but the rest of the movie was boring and really had no point. The actors didn’t seem like they were trying very hard, which in turn can ruin the movie. Show some passion, people!

What movies made it on to your worst movie list?

I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.