Winter Break: A Time for Binge-Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Winter break is one of the only times you can watch a ton of TV and movies without feeling guilty for putting things off.  Let Netflix or Hulu become your best friend, and enjoy this list of suggestions for binge-worthy shows and movies!

Netflix

One Tree Hill: All ten seasons of this dramatic show are on Netflix for your viewing pleasure.

Pretty Little Liars: Only the first six seasons of this crazy show are available, but six seasons is more than enough to get you hooked.

Gilmore Girls: Whether you’ve never seen it before or have watched it a hundred times, Gilmore Girls is still just too good. Make sure to catch up on it before watching the new Netflix hit A Year in the Life!

A Year in the Life: If you can manage to hold off watching until finals are over, winter break is the time to watch all four 90-minute episodes. (We won’t judge if you watch them all in one sitting.)

The Lizzie McGuire Movie: Relive your childhood and join Lizzie McGuire on her journey to Rome.

Hulu

The O.C.: If you’re feeling cold, watch The O.C. and be instantly transported to California. Spend Chrismukkah with the Cohens!   

Drake & Josh: Another childhood classic. Spend some time with the “boobs,” as Megan calls them.

Cartoons: Hulu has a ton of cartoons from your early childhood days. Watch Hey Arnold, Dexter’s Lab, Rugrats, and more. Don’t deny yourself the memories!

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2: Whether you’ve already seen these or not, they’re too good to watch just once.

Cuddle up with your dog, cat, or a blanket and some hot chocolate and get your binge on. Maybe throw a Christmas movie or two in the mix if you celebrate Christmas, but mostly just enjoy being able to spend hours upon hours watching TV!

Cassie is a senior from Eagle, WI. She is pursuing a major in English with a writing emphasis and minoring in Applied and Professional Writing and Psychology. She hopes to one day work for an editing or publishing company and write books on the side. There are few things she loves more than Disney and Bernie Sanders, except maybe animals.
Meet our Campus Correspondent Mariah Mrotek! Originally from Racine, Mariah is a Mass Communication Advertising major with a Professional Writing Minor. You can usually catch Mariah loving up the cats at the local Winona Area Humane Society or getting her last minute shopping fix at Target. She is an avid writer and believer in the power of intuition. As an advocate for the Minnesota Epilepsy Foundation, she strives for change. She really enjoys the fall season and the amazing honeycrisp apples it brings. Her ideal place to vacation at is a cabin up north by the lake. Mariah hopes to continue to see and enjoy the world’s beauty after graduation as she pursues a career in Social Media Content Management or Project Management.