This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

The wedding season is all around us and at this stage in our lives, we probably know someone who is getting married. However, being the poor college students that we are, it’s hard to cough up a lot of money for a wedding gift. No need to worry, Her Campus has your back with these top eight cute, yet inexpensive wedding gifts that come from the heart.

1.  Bottle of Wine

Wine is a great wedding gift because who wouldn’t want wine? To make it even more meaningful, you can add personalized wine glasses with writing on it specifically for the couple. For example, you could get the wine glasses engraved with Mr. and Mrs. or His and Hers.

2. Movie Night Basket

We all like those fun stay-in movie nights with our love, so why not give the beautiful couple an already prepped movie night basket? Fill the basket with the couple’s favorite candy, their favorite beverages, stick their favorite movie in there or a movie rental card. You could even buy a Netflix gift card that pays for a certain number of months for their subscription. And of course, what movie night could go without popcorn?

3. Date Idea Booklet and Jar of Dates

These are a creative and inexpensive gift to give to the soon-to-be married couple. In this booklet or jar, you can create cute and fun cards with different types of dates the couples could do over the next year of their married life. Here are some examples of date ideas:

1. Go kayaking together!

2. Do a Food Crawl: go to different places for your appetizers, main meal, and dessert!

3. Game night!

4. Money Tree

Even on a tight budget, a money tree is a very cute and unique gift to give to the couple. You can make a pretty fantastic tree and the materials are easy to find! Just grab a couple branches, either bought or found outside, and find a pot. You could use real dirt or fake confetti in the color of brown. Now, how do you get the money on the tree you ask? Sticky dots, that’s how! Just attach a dot to the fancily shaped dollar bill and stick it right on the branch.

5. Seasonal Date Baskets

Baskets are such a great gift because you can fill them up with all the goodies the happy couple will love. Since weddings happen year round, creating a basket for a specific season is an awesome way to help them enjoy that specific season even more! Here are two examples of a seasonal basket:

Winter: In the basket, you can put a couple cute mugs filled with packets of hot cocoa and marshmallows, maybe a blanket for the couple to snuggle up together with, a movie rental card for one of those cold stay-in nights, or even some hats and mittens for the couple to use on their adventures outside.

Summer: Create a basket with some must-haves for summer fun! Put a pair of beach towels and sunscreen for some relaxing fun in the sun. Also, you can add some BBQ essentials for a great grill out and some necessities for the perfect bonfire night.

6.  Homemade Candle

This is a simple gift with a lot of meaning. This gift would probably be a better after wedding gift, if you want to stamp their wedding vows on a candle. However, if you don’t want to stamp on the vows, stamping on a love poem or anything related to a wedding that has meaning to the couple is a great substitute.

7. Picture frame

Put together something that they will cherish with a memory picture frame. Make it personal! Add their vows, find pictures of the couple through their relationship thus far, other wedding sentiments (like the wedding invitation), and important dates (first date, first trip, when she said yes, when we said ‘I do.’).

8. Marriage Survival Kit

What better gift could you give a couple than a Marriage Survival Kit with some of the necessities they might need in their soon-to-be married life. You can make these kits with different themes, like ‘Life is a Picnic’, or ‘Toolbox of Love’, while filling them with things that the couple could use. And an added bonus is to place cards with each item that have fun little puns. Here are a couple examples you could create:

Life’s a Picnic:

Lawn Blanket with a saying: “Take time to relax and get wrapped up in each other.” Food Containers with a saying: “Fresh is the best; don’t let your love go stale.”

Toolbox of Love:

Tape Measure with a saying: “Love beyond measure.” Duck Tape with a saying: “Stick together.”

Meet Katelyn Murray: Originally from a small town in southeastern Minnesota, Katelyn is currently a senior here at Winona State majoring in Elementary Education. She has a passion for working with kids and wants to be a part of their educational growth and success. In her spare time, you can find Katelyn reading, writing for fun, binge watching Netflix, hanging with her family and friends, watching hockey, and shooting archery. Besides one day marrying Charlie Coyle from the Minnesota Wild, Katelyn’s goals are to finish her Bachelor's, get a teaching job near her hometown hopefully in a third grade English/Reading class, and eventually going on for a Masters degree.
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.