Style > Beauty

Top 4 Fall to Winter Beauty Must Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

As all of you Warriors know, winter can hit our campus without any warning. Soon we will be shedding our cute flats for heavy boots and our blazers and jean jackets for bulky parkas. While we transition our clothes to match with the changing seasons sometimes we forget that our favorite beauty product may need to transition, too. The ladies of Her Campus Winona have submitted their favorite beauty must haves to take us from the fall to winter flawlessly. Of their submissions, these products were the most popular, making them HC Winona’s top beauty picks.

Moisturizer:

The most important thing to remember about the transition into winter is that our skin takes the biggest hit from the changing temperatures. Moisturizing is key to keeping our skin soft and healthy when the wind and cold are trying to make it dry and scratchy. Our members recommend Cetaphil moisturizers, hands down. The great thing about Cetaphil is that they have moisturizers designed for all different skin types, from normal to dry, and even for eczema and acne prone skin. You can view all of their products on their website or swing by Target to pick some up for yourself. Remember to lather on moisturizer right after you shower to lock in moisture and protect your skin. Ps. Cetaphil makes our chapter’s favorite cleansers, too!

Hair Product:

Your hair is also essential to think about as the snow and cold near us. Our member’s favorite hair products are Moroccan Argan Oil products. One of our writers said that Moroccan Argan Oil products help in the winter specifically because it “keeps your hair from sticking up everywhere,” it also “keeps your hair super shiny,” and “it helps with split ends.” Try a Moroccan Argan Oil product on your hair this winter and see the difference it can make for you!

Lip Product:

Your lips are equally important to remember and keep protected from cracking and peeling. The majority of our members said that Burt’s Bees lip balms are their favorite lip care to use throughout the winter. With their natural formulas and their wide variety of flavors, there is a lip balm for every need. Our members love the mango and pomegranate varieties best, which provide a perfect reminder of summer flavors while we are stuck in the cold.

Nail Polish:

When the holidays roll around we love to don a pretty manicure. Collectively, we like OPI nail polishes the best. Their polishes are perfect for creating a manicure that is unique and fun. The new Starlight collection has the complete mix of jewel tone, metallic, and glitter nail polishes that we think would be make for flawless nails for the winter months.

As the seasons inevitably change, be prepared to transition your beauty products too. Try some of our top beauty picks today!

Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.