This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Are you having problems deciding what to buy for that special guy in your life this holiday season?  Well you are not alone. A lot of women browse the aisles and dig through department stores trying to find that perfect gift, but guys can be so dang confusing!  

If you want your guy looking fresh and feeling special this year, this is the ultimate gift guide for you. 

1. Cologne. You can never go wrong with cologne. You can pick out the scent that you love, and he will end up wearing it with you all the time! Now maybe you don’t want to get him just one thing for the holidays, or maybe you are just cheap or have a lot of other people to buy for,if this is true, you can still get him that expensive brand name cologne you want and not break the bank. How? Well I suggest taking a trip to the department store, smell and test out your favorites, take into account how much each one you like,, then leave. On your own time go online, try Amazon for instance, and search for the colognes. You are most likely going to find them for a better price. Another benefit of  buying online is that places like Amazon can also gift-wrap.

2. Sunglasses. What guy doesn’t look sexy in sunglasses? The best part is, you get to pick them out. There are so many different brands and styles out there so make sure not to jump to conclusions, but take them all into account. A helpful hint could be to ask a guy friend, or male employee at the sunglass store to help you. Have them try them on, and ask for their opinion.

3. Jackets. Jackets are all the rage and no matter what kind of style or look your man rocks, he will always need a jacket. So many different kinds, and only you know what one you’d like to see him in. Is your guy always ready for anything especially adventure? Maybe try a cargo jacket. Does he like the night scene? Leather may fit him well. Or maybe he’s just a big snuggler, so a comfy hoodie.

4. Tickets. Maybe your man has everything…so annoying. Well something no one can have enough of is experiences. Look ahead in your calendar and online to check what’s coming to town, events, concerts, and other fun things. Buy the tickets or book the show and maybe throw in a nice dinner too. Something you will both have a memory of forever!

5. Watch. In your opinion he is, or is going to be, a very successful man. So what successful man doesn’t own a watch? As well as being a necessity, watches, like men, come in so many different forms. So have fun choosing one that fits his look and personality.

6. Crafts. Receiving something that has meaning and blood, sweat, and tears added to it- is always very sentimental. A scrapbook of your relationship capturing the lovely months and years spent together is something that will be cherished. A blanket, such as a tie blanket, is very fun and easy to make. Make sure to visit our Pinterest page to find more crafts that you’ll have fun making and he will enjoy.

1. Shoes. When it comes to shoes, guys can be almost as bad as the ladies. Depending on his usual attire, shop accordingly. Boat shoes, sneakers, slip-ons (Vans), loafers, brogues, oxfords. This is just a short list and you will find so many more options, colors and sizes especially at a stores like DSW or with the abundance of shoes online, as well.

2. Headphones. Everyone loves music, whatever the kind. Hook your man up with some awesome headphones. Chunky, wireless, ear buds,whatever the size or style, he will be impressed. Do your research (read reviews) to determine the right brand so you make the perfect purchase.

3. Sweaters. Warm, soft, cozy. What’s mine is yours, right? You get to pick out something that you both will like and can both snuggle up against. The holidays are always a lot better when spent by the people you love so why not look super cute while you two are together?

4. Techy stuff. Men always like to have the latest technology. Whether that is, cameras, video games, computers…they are bound to enjoy at least one of those things. Why not give him something he will find super cool? He will also be very impressed with the knowledge you have with such products (ask a sales person at a store like Best Buy, or look online if you really have no idea). Some products that could be considered super cool include; a clip on lens for a phone, which allows one to capture better pictures. Gaming controllers, the newest kind/brand or maybe one you’ve heard him talk about- throw in a game too. An IPod/IPhone dock/speakers, like I said before everyone loves music.

Overall, don’t stress this season because he will fall in love with whatever it is because it is from you. Although your presence is a present in itself, your man is sure to love these gifts this holiday season.

For more gift ideas, for the bold and creative, check out our Pinterest page!

This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.  
Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.