Things We Think When Mother Nature Calls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Let’s get right to the point, shall we? Periods suck. I didn’t ask for this: a week of never-ending cramps, headaches, and everything else that Mother Nature throws my way; not cool. During this week, we may decide to eat pizza every day or wear the same pair of leggings for the whole week, and that’s totally okay because sometimes we just need a break. Besides females who have to deal with this unfortunate “gift,” no one knows what we go through. So for those of you who think you know (but really don’t), here is a little insight of what goes through our mind.

Oh, look at that: Mother Nature showed up.

OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO DIE, WHY MUST MY OVARIES ATTACK ME?!

Hmmm, that sounded kind of b*tchy, maybe I should say that nicer?

Should I get Taco Bell tonight or ice cream? Or what about Oreos?

Are sweatpants an every-occasion type of clothing? Because jeans are NOT an option at this moment.

Why am I crying??? I literally have no idea why I’m crying.

No sir, you actually don’t know what I’m going through, so shut up please.

Whatever you do, do not sneeze. Just don’t do it.

What have I done to deserve this?!

Well…at least I’m not pregnant.

Thank GOD this week is over!

I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.
Meet our Campus Correspondent Mariah Mrotek! Originally from Racine, Mariah is a Mass Communication Advertising major with a Professional Writing Minor. You can usually catch Mariah loving up the cats at the local Winona Area Humane Society or getting her last minute shopping fix at Target. She is an avid writer and believer in the power of intuition. As an advocate for the Minnesota Epilepsy Foundation, she strives for change. She really enjoys the fall season and the amazing honeycrisp apples it brings. Her ideal place to vacation at is a cabin up north by the lake. Mariah hopes to continue to see and enjoy the world’s beauty after graduation as she pursues a career in Social Media Content Management or Project Management.