Things on Campus I Will Never Take for Granted Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Read this list of places I’ll never miss a chance to go after we’re all allowed back on campus.

The Library

This is specifically referencing the first floor of the library during finals week. The atmosphere the library has during the last week of the semester is electric, and it can sometimes look like a scene from a movie. There are students studying and frantically writing on notecards, friends hanging out and chatting over pizza and coffee, and the seniors talking about their plans for after graduation…It’s something I’m definitely going to miss during the last few weeks of the semester.

Einstein Bagels

I would really do anything for an asiago bagel with plain cream cheese right about now. Not only was this the perfect afternoon snack, but it was also a break in my busy schedule where I could people-watch and chill out until my next class. Next semester, I am making sure that I never, EVER, take a bagel for granted again.

Coffee Dates at Mugby Junction

The love I have for this local coffee shop is unmatched, and when I wasn’t at the library, you could find me drinking a latte at Mugby Junction. I always looked forward to the new monthly drinks that they had colorfully painted on their window and made it my mission to try as many new drinks as I could. This mission was obviously cut a little short, but it’s made me realize how happy I am when I’m there, and I can’t wait to have more coffee dates soon.

My Walk Around Campus

Because of my schedule, I was always rushing to different buildings on the opposite side of campus to get to my classes on time. Looking back now, it’s really funny to me. I was always about five minutes early to my classes and I never actually took the time to enjoy my walk to my classes…hurrying just seemed inevitable when it comes to class schedules. Next semester, I want to relax and take my time to get to my classes and actually enjoy what my campus has to offer. No more rushing!

Study Time at Zane’s

At WSU, we have a common area, Zane’s, that is filled with Panda Express, coffee, smoothies and snacks. Of course, this has become a prime spot for my friends and me to study. Our weekly meetings there can consist of helping each other with homework, debating who’s going to fail the latest exam, and sometimes forgetting about the homework and talking until it gets dark. While this was a weekly thing, and something that just happened, I didn’t realize how much I would miss it until I couldn’t do it anymore.

This is only a small list of things that I am never going to take for granted again, but COVID-19 has taught me to cherish every single moment—even if it’s just a walk around campus.

Hi, I'm Tiegue! I'm a sophomore at Winona State University and majoring in Communication Studies. I'm a small-town girl from Wisconsin (go Bucky!) and when I'm not writing, you can usually find me in a coffee shop or with a camera swinging around my neck.
My name is Hannah Hippensteel, and I like to say I'm a Chicago city-slicker, but I'm actually from the 'burbs. I'm currently a senior at Winona State with a major in mass communication-journalism and a minor in sociology. Catch me enjoying all Winona has to offer: the bluffs, the incomparable Bloedow's Bakery, and not to mention, Minnesota boys. With a goal of working at Teen Vogue, Seventeen or Glamour magazine, I'm soaking up every opportunity to keep my finger on the pulse and share my personal voice!