photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Spring Fab Fit Fun Unboxing and Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

You see it all over social media—there are tons of influencers supporting the Fab Fit Fun subscription box. I was bombarded with these daily ads to the point where I decided that I had to try it out. I can honestly say that if you look at past boxes and like what products are inside of them, then you should definitely try it out.

The thing that makes this subscription box different than others is that you get a choice of some of the items included in the box. Every season (the box comes four times a year), they give you choices of things you can put in your box. The only downside to this is that the company recently made a change that allows annual members to choose their products first. Regardless, there is a choice of paying box-to-box or paying for a full year. You technically save $20 by choosing the annual membership, so I decided to upgrade my subscription to make sure I got to choose what I wanted for my box.

I have gotten three boxes so far, and I can honestly say that the products they include are great and worth the subscription. They give out name brand products that usually add up to about six times what you paid for the box—I have not been disappointed so far with a box.

This spring box definitely did not disappoint, either.

The first thing I got in my box was a champagne charcoal body scrub.

This body scrub had an aggressive texture (in a good way) and smelled really nice, as well.

Next, I got a Sip by S’well water bottle in the color white.

This is a good water bottle, and I was glad that I got the white one because the color was a surprise.

The next thing I opened was a leave-in conditioner spray from the brand Ouai.

This spray does have a strong perfume smell when you use it, but I really enjoyed the way it made my hair feel. I have also heard such great things about this brand, so I was excited to be able to try it out because it is a more expensive hair brand.

Next, I got an exfoliating dry brush from Daily Concepts.

I have heard good reviews about dry brushing to exfoliate skin and promote circulation. I am not sure if it has long-term results, but it felt great to use to exfoliate.

Next, I got a pair of sunglasses from Quay Australia (which happens to be one of my favorite brands).

I already own multiple pairs of sunglasses, glasses, and a pair of ski goggles from this brand, and I am still IN LOVE. I was so happy that they were included in this season’s box, and they are super cute on.

Next, I got an essential oil diffuser with a happy scented oil.

I have used this a couple of times so far and I like it! It lasts for a long time, and I have always wanted an essential oil diffuser so I cannot wait to get more scents to use.

I also got an eye de-puffing gel by Dr. Brandt.

I have used Dr. Brandt skincare before, and I can say that it is a really great skincare brand. I like how this product conceals a little while de-puffing the under eye.

Lastly, I got a lip crayon from the brand Trestique.

This was a cool product because it was a lip balm and a lipstick all in one. The bright pink is a little out of my comfort zone, but it works really well!

Overall, I paid about $44 for this box and the total value came out to be $265. I recommend this to anyone who likes these kinds of products because it’s a great way to try new brands and save a lot of money while doing it!

Lauren Lott

Winona '19

Meet Lauren Lott, she is a writer for Winona State Her Campus. Lauren is an English Literature major with a minor in Public Relations. In her free time, she enjoys reading, working out, hanging out with friends, watching an excessive amount of youtube videos, and drinking coffee.
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.