Spring Break At Home: 5 Things To Do When You Cannot Go Anywhere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

With COVID-19 finally beginning its decline, many people are planning vacations to tropical islands or warm climates. However, some people do not have the luxury of leaving home to escape reality. 

To ensure you still have a nice, relaxing Spring Break, I have compiled a short list of five relaxing activities for you to try.

1. Tropical Bubble Bath

With the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives, many of us do not get the time to literally sit and soak. Therefore, this activity is a fantastic idea to relax over Spring Break. While you can enjoy a simple bubble bath, I recommend adding a few of these elements to make sure you have the best tropical bubble bath possible. First, you need to buy a citrus-scented bath bomb. These can be found at nearly any drug or large retail store, but I have included an Amazon link here. Second, make a smoothie or stop by your nearest McDonald’s. Third, turn on relaxing audio. For some people, this might be a rainstorm or birds. Fourth, and most importantly, dim the lights and start a couple candles.

2. Massage Therapist

Depending on where you live, going to a massage therapist could get spendy, so make sure you call around to find your cheapest option. Despite the price, I believe massages are extremely beneficial. Even after a short 30-minute session, you wake up feeling rejuvenated and limber. If you do not have the money for a massage therapist, call your significant other or best friend and set up a massage exchange. 

3. Spa Night

This is similar to the first point except it has some additions. Obviously, you can take a bubble bath if you want to. However, you can also opt-out of a bubble bath and shoot for an exfoliating shower. When you are done cleansing your body externally, find a comfortable place in your home. Now, lie down and relax with a heating pad on a low setting, eye patches, and fuzzy or silky pajamas. If you are over 21 years of age, you can pour yourself a glass of wine or sangria too.

4. Arts and Crafts

If you are anything like me, keeping your hands busy is a form of therapy in itself. Making art and putting together crafts are one of my favorite forms of relaxation. Coloring, painting, and sketching are all great ways to have fun with art. If you are having a creativity block on what to base your art piece around, check out this link with lots of art prompts. If you are more of a crafting person, check out this link with crafting ideas

5. Dance Party

This one is super simple! All you have to do is turn on your favorite upbeat playlist, crank the volume up, and let your endorphins lead your soul.

Whether you are in your bathroom or on an island, many activities exist to promote relaxation. Personally, I get to go to Hawaii for Spring Break this year; but in past years, I have always been stuck at home, and these were my go-tos. There is no shame in staying home to relax and save money, especially during a pandemic and war-ravaged world.

Cheyenne Halberg is a student at Winona State University with a major in Communication Arts and Literature Teaching. She is from the outskirts of St. Cloud, MN. Cheyenne enjoys writing to express herself and empowering others to do what they love. Her hobbies include spending time with friends and family, watching football, spending time outdoors, crafting and writing. Her life goal is to leave an impression on the next generations that allows them to embrace their unique qualities.