Spooky Season is Starting: 10 Fun Halloween-Themed Food Items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

The second October starts, I feel the need to make spooky snacks, decorate my apartment and watch scary movies. The holiday season allows my imagination to run wild with no limitations. Below are 10 spooky snack creations that will appease the Halloween lovers!

Spooky Pizza Bites

Here is your classic party favorite with a twist! It is pizza bites that look like coffins, pumpkins, mummies and bones!

Spider Web Chip Dip

Take a dip into a fall flavortown with this 7-layer chip dip! It is a popular chip dip that is Halloween-themed, which makes it ten times better!

Spaghetti Monster

The kids, teens and adults will all love this one. It is a spooky twist on a classic spaghetti!

Bacon Jalapeno Bite Mummies

Spooky and spicy in the same food?! Yes, please!

Jack O’ Lantern Chip Dip

Here is another chip dip recipe with an adorable and gross disguise.

Cheese and Meat Skeleton Tray

While I don’t like the idea of eating guts, I want nothing more than to dive into the tasty goodness of this skeleton’s spilling body parts—cheese, meat and crackers!

Jack O’ Lantern Quesadilla

This Jack O’ Lantern quesadilla already has my mouth spread into a smile and my eyes widening!

Mummies in a Blanket

This quick Halloween hack is one way to easily set the mood for your spooky party!

Candy Corn Rice Krispies

These candy corn rice krispie treats will satisfy the kids’ sweet tooths and the adults’ Halloween fever!

Bloody Cupcakes

Before you spill on out of this creepy article, take a look at these bloody cupcakes! 

Whoever said simple isn’t fun has obviously never tried these Halloween hacks! Not only will you love making these easy party foods, but your guests will love the creativity! Happy spooky season, my lovely witches and wizards!

Cheyenne Halberg is a student at Winona State University with a major in Communication Arts and Literature Teaching. She is from the outskirts of St. Cloud, MN. Cheyenne enjoys writing to express herself and empowering others to do what they love. Her hobbies include spending time with friends and family, watching football, spending time outdoors, crafting and writing. Her life goal is to leave an impression on the next generations that allows them to embrace their unique qualities.