Spooky, Scary, Screenplays: My Picks for October Movie Nights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Hey there readers, I’ve been working on my scary movie list. If you celebrate Halloween all October long, I’m sorry you didn’t get this list earlier, but I think you’ve done just fine without me. For those of you who are just getting into the spirit, this list is for you. Here are a couple of my favorite (and a few highly recommended) frightful films to watch at your next movie night.

(I’ve bolded the ones I’ve seen and liked, the rest are on the October Docket).

Netflix:

Fear Street part 1 

Fear Street part 2 

Fear Street part 3 

Raw

Hush 

As Above, So Below 

Veronica 

The Babysitter 

The Babysitter 2: Killer Queen

Marianne

Things heard and Seen 

Under the Shadow

Hulu:

Pilgrim

My Bloody Valentine

Friend Request

The Gallows

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Tall Man

Jennifer’s Body

Cabin Fever: Patient Zero

Showtime:

Siren

Countdown

Disney+:

Halloweentown

Halloweentown 2: Kalabar’s Revenge

Halloweentown High

Return to Halloweentown 

Hocus Pocus

Haunted Mansion

Twitches 

Twitches Too

MISC:

Final Destination 1 

Final Destination 2

Final Destination 3

The Final Destination

Final Destination 5

The Convent

Host- A little Winona State representation in the form of the protagonist’s sweater

Unfriended 

Unfriended: The Deep Web

So sit down, put on your favorite Halloween PJs, and don’t forget to turn off the light.

XOXO, Scaredy Cat

Meg Chaffee is a junior at Winona State University studying History and Political Science. She hopes to teach high school social studies, because she wouldn’t be able to deal with her students eating smart glue during craft activities just because it has the word “smart” on it. She wrote a story on Watt-pad (during middle school, in an account she can no longer access) that received far too many votes for several awards, and no, she will not give you the name. In her free time she enjoys reading, writing, and watching The Good Place repeatedly on Netflix.