Songs with “Fool” in the title: Celebrating April Fool’s Day With Music

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

April 1st is April Fool’s Day and naturally, I was able to come up with yet another excuse to write an article involving some of my favorite songs! So while you are planning out your jokes and tricks just remember to have these songs playing in the background! You’ll thank me later…

Fool’s Gold – One Direction 

Obviously, this would be at the top of my list. This song is perfect for when mourning a past love but it would also provide optimal energy for fooling one of your friends. 

fOol fOr YoU – Zayn Malik

I have a reputation to live up to so naturally Zayn Malik would appear on this list. Although this one is almost as sad as our #1 song this one has an edgier feel to it which makes it suitable for more feelings. Sometimes this song accompanies me on long car rides or while I am getting ready for my day but it would also work as you hide your roommate’s entire wardrobe or replace the filling in Oreos with toothpaste (thank google for the prank ideas).

Poor Little Fool – Ricky Nelson

For when you are feeling energetic and upbeat. Always a good option to dance to.

You Can’t Hurt a Fool – Pretenders

This song is perfect for when you need some soft background music to help you filter through prank ideas. his would also help those around you believe that you are not planning their demise. For those that are less interested in pranking their friends, I must say that based on personal experience it is also ideal for a soft homework session. 

Ship of Fools – Grateful Dead

Make sure to roll down the windows for this song because it deserves to be heard by those around you. For some reason, the beginning of this song reminds me of the opening notes from the Pink Panther theme song which also makes it perfect for planning the perfect prank.

I hope this list helps you create that perfect playlist for April Fool’s Day. After all, music will guarantee a successful scare!

My name is Emily Venné and I am a junior at Winona State University. I am double majoring in Literature and Language and also Writing Option. When my nose isn't buried in a book, I am either writing, hanging out with friends, or binge-watching my favorite tv shows. I dream of one day working in either publishing or editing, and maybe even writing a book of my own. <3