This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

A junior from Elgin, MN with a major in Nursing. Sarah Roberts is known to go above and beyond to make sure she’s able to give everyone 100% at all times! Let’s see just what this go getter is all about!

Her Campus (HC): What makes you most excited for this upcoming school year?

Sarah Roberts (SR): I am excited for all our sorority happenings. I really enjoy being a part of Phi Theta Chi, and I love that this semester I will be taking on the role of bonding our sisterhood. The sorority means a lot to me and I cannot wait to create more memories with my wonderful sisters.

HC: Are there any other organizations that you are involved with on campus?

SR: Currently just Phi Theta Chi sorority.

HC: What position/positions do you have in the sorority, if any?

SR: I am the sorority’s President as well as Our Sisterhood chair.

HC: What is it like taking on two important positions in the sorority?

SR: To take on any position, you need to be committed to the sorority and you need to really love being in it. It requires a lot of time and dedication. Sisters look to me to have answers or solutions to problems, and I need to be able to provide them with these. It isn’t always easy, but I’ve really enjoyed, so far, being one of the people that others come to.HC: What things are you most excited for with the sorority for this year?

SR: I really love all our events that we put on throughout the year for our philanthropies. Our four philanthropies mean a lot to me, as well as to each of our sisters, so raising money for them is both fun and meaningful. I also love bonding with my sisters, whether over a cup of coffee or at a movie night, so I look forward to making those memories as well.

Looks like Sarah Roberts is really a go-getter! We can’t wait to see what this school year holds for you and Phi Theta Chi Sorority!

Meet our writer Alyson Rhoades! Originally from Golden Valley, MN and a graduate of Armstrong High School, Alyson is majoing in Mass Communication Advertising. You can usually catch Alyson belting out songs in her car or getting her coffee fix at Caribou Coffee. She is an avid photographer and believes that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Every year she does the walk for Alzheimers hoping one day to find a cure for an awful disease. She loves to travel and hopes to one day to travel to countries outside of the U.S. Her ideal place to go on vacation is the beach in Florida, which she gets to do every year during Thanksgiving break. Alyson hopes to continue to work hard to be the change she wishes to see in the world as she pursues a career as a Creative Director within the advertising world.
I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.