This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

My life was changed when I went to Spain over Spring Break. Not only did I get the travel bug, but I also got the Sangria bug. The Spaniards really do it best with their wine, and if you’re a wine-lover you need to give it a try.

Here is a guide to the basic breakdown of Sangria ingredients. There are so many twists and variations on Sangria, so here are just a few different recipes. For these, combine all of the ingredients and refrigerate  for at least 2-4 hours. Sangria is much better after it sits for a little bit. You can click on the source links for the full recipes.

Strawberry-Lemon White Sangria

Ingredients:

2 lemons, thinly sliced 1 apple (any kind), cored and sliced

1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthwise 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine

1/2 cup light rum 4 cups lemon-lime soda

Source

Peach Rosé Sangria

Ingredients:

1 bottle Rosé wine

1/2 cup peach liqueur

1 cup peach juice

1/3 cup simple syrup

3 sliced peaches

1 cup sliced strawberries and/or raspberries

Source

Pina Colada Sangria

Ingredients:

2 750 ml bottles of moscato

20 oz. can of crushed pineapple, juice and pineapple

1 1/2 cups coconut rum

Source

Mimosa Sangria

Ingredients:

1 cup fresh blueberries

1½ cups orange juice

1 cup peach schnapps

1 bottle champagne

Source

Apple Pie Sangria

Ingredients:

2 apples diced

2 Granny Smith apples diced

2 cinnamon sticks

2 (750ml) bottles white wine

5 cups apple cider

2 cups caramel vodka

Source

Stretch your wine pallet with these recipes, and always drink responsibly.

Hi I'm Emily and I'm from Appleton, Wisconsin! I'm a Mass Communication- Advertising student, with a minor in Art History at WSU. I like concerts, hockey, cooking, and dancing in the car. I also enjoy guacamole, french fries, and caramel iced coffees from Dunkin' Donuts. All I really want to do is travel the world, move to a big city, and spend my weekends on a lake. IG & Twitter @esheptoski