This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

In honor of National Animal Cracker Day on April 18, I am going to review the movie Animal Crackers. You can find this movie on Netflix. This movie came out in 2020 and it is rated TV-Y7. It is an hour and 45 minutes long, and I think it’s worth every minute. 

The Netflix Synopsis: “Enchanted animal crackers turn Owen into whatever shape he eats! But to save the family circus, he’ll have to keep them out of his evil uncle’s hands.” 

My Brief Summary: 

The movie starts with two brothers, Horatio P. Huntington and Buffalo Bob Huntington. The two brothers ran the best circus where one wanted fame and fortune and the other wanted to make people happy. Then enters Talia. Both brothers competed for her affection but in the end, she and Buffalo Bob got married. As a wedding gift, Esmerelda, Talia’s aunt, gave the newlyweds a box with a special surprise inside. Fast forward thirty years and a new love blossomed under the circus tent: Zoe and Owen. Owen was Bob’s nephew. However, Zoe’s father did not approve of the circus life. So the two of them left it behind for a new life: working for Zoe’s father. But as fate would have it, a tragic accident pulls them back into the circus life they know and love. A vengeful uncle threatens to end their newfound happiness, and Owen will do whatever it takes to keep his family together. 

I don’t want to spoil the ending, so that’s all you’re getting. I definitely recommend this for a family movie night if there are young kids or for those young at heart. Overall a 5/5 for an animated movie. 

My name is Sydney. I am currently a Junior at Winona State University. I love to write short stories and fantasy stories. I am an avid Disney fan.
Cheyenne Halberg is a student at Winona State University with a major in Communication Arts and Literature Teaching. She is from the outskirts of St. Cloud, MN. Cheyenne enjoys writing to express herself and empowering others to do what they love. Her hobbies include spending time with friends and family, watching football, spending time outdoors, crafting and writing. Her life goal is to leave an impression on the next generations that allows them to embrace their unique qualities.