Pinterest-Inspired Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Let’s be honest: all you can think about is Halloween now that it’s October. Aside from the cool weather, orange- and burgundy-colored clothes, and abundance of candy, we’re planning our costumes. Pinterest is my go-to for inspiration. Whether you’re having a costume party at work, frat party at college, or dressing up your kid, these looks aspire and can be just what you need.

Let’s start with the funny college-girl Halloween look.

Got a boo? Don’t scare anyone with this couples costume.

Bet you can’t name a better trio!

Need something appropriate for work? You’ll like this one a latté.

Something other than princesses and heroes for your kid; this one’s not too riddikulus.

Go jellyfish-hunting, I mean, trick-or-treating with this throwback.

Speaking of throwbacks, it’s time to take out that plaid skirt from 6th grade!

Get groovy with this retro look.

Stay warm with this cozy outfit.

You’re never too young, or too old, to dress up.

Don’t forget your furry friends!

Get excited! T-3 weeks until Halloween! Now that you know how to dress up for your freaky festivities, you can stop stress-eating out of the candy bin… we’ve all been there.  

Gretchen is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Health Ed and Phy Ed with minors in Adaptive PE and Adventure Ed! She enjoys all things outdoors, she's a peanut butter fanatic, and Proverbs 31:26 is her favorite Bible verse. Gretchen is an RA in the resident halls and a Small Group Leader for a campus ministry, and she enjoys all the Lord equips her to do!
I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.