Pink Accessories that Give Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month is upon us! Welcome, October, and all the pink products we can obtain. The color pink is a well-known representative of Breast Cancer Awareness and October is our chance to buy anything and everything from hot pink to dusty rose. I’ve gathered a list of my four favorite pink items that are giving back this month through breast cancer organizations.

First up, the beauty-buy that helps beat breast cancer.

Sigma Beauty F-80 Flat Kabuki Brush.

Sigma Beauty has teamed up with BrightPink to donate 20% of the profit from this $25.00 brush. BrightPink is a non-profit organization that educates women about preventing ovarian and breast cancer while they’re young. Read more at brightpink.org.

Next, we have a cozy clothing item for the girls (if you know what I mean).

The Pink Power of She Bra by Athleta is a padded sports bra benefiting Recovery On Water with 12% of sales. This organization supports breast cancer survivors and patients. Read more at recoveryonwater.org.

Get accessorized with this charm bracelet.

Alex and Ani Spiral Sun Charm.

This bangle comes in gold or silver and gives 20% of each purchase to the Breast Cancer Foundation. The neat part: donations have been accepted since January 2017 and are accepted up until December 2017! Breast Cancer Awareness = year-round appreciation. Read more at abcf.org.

Lastly, pink in a drink.

S’well Bikini Pink Bottle.

This fluorescent pink water bottle gives 20% of proceeds to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. You can #BeTheEnd to breast cancer while ending your dehydration. Read more at bcrfcure.org.

Are you ready to be all pinked-out this October? I know I am! These four items are great to add a pop of pink to your daily outfit and will speak “Breast Cancer Awareness” this month. Support the cause by purchasing these items or even donate money to a breast cancer foundation of your choice.

Gretchen is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Health Ed and Phy Ed with minors in Adaptive PE and Adventure Ed! She enjoys all things outdoors, she's a peanut butter fanatic, and Proverbs 31:26 is her favorite Bible verse. Gretchen is an RA in the resident halls and a Small Group Leader for a campus ministry, and she enjoys all the Lord equips her to do!
I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.