Picture This: My Take on National Photographer Appreciation Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

I am a huge fan of photography. I know a lot of amateur photographers whose photos are definitely worth your time to look at. Whether you are a fan of nature photography or people and portrait photography, I have you covered. Below are some amazing photos from amateurs and professionals that capture the true beauty within our world. 

The first photographer I would like for you to get to know is Zach Trummer. He is a student at St. Cloud State University (SCSU) with a major in Advertising and a minor in Graphic Design. When he isn’t in class or working, Zach enjoys playing video games, hanging out with friends, creating unique advertisements and logos, and capturing the beauty of his surrounding environment. His introvertedness allows him to create personal and unique pieces for himself and others. When Zach first showed me his work, I couldn’t help being a little surprised. To this day, I still use his photos as my laptop wallpaper.

If you would like to look at more of Zach’s work or find contact information, please visit Zach’s website.

Up next is one of my closest friends, Sarah Harter. She is currently a student at Winona State University (WSU) with a double major in I-Design and Applied & Professional Writing with a minor in Creative Writing. Sarah’s hobbies include reading, painting, writing stories and taking photos. Her quirky and creative personality result in lots of laughs and stunning artwork.

Lastly is Megan Braun. She has recently graduated from Foley Senior High School. Megan’s love for photography is mainly a hobby as she enjoys capturing her friends’ and family members’ genuine happiness. She is extremely caring and abundantly understanding which makes her photos even more memorable because of the authentic smiles she produces from her clients. 

If you want to view more of Megan Braun’s joyful photographs or contact her, you can visit her website or follow her Instagram account!

I may be a little biased, but I believe Minnesota is a unique, extraordinary place. I grew up in Minnesota, and I plan on making it my home when I graduate college. I want to share with you a few of my favorite photos of Minnesota found on the world wide web!

This photo was taken by Reid Priedhorsky of Pose Lake.

The above hiking trail was taken at Nerstrand Big Woods State Park by Tony Webster.

Amanda Hill captured this hauntingly serene landscape photo of a tornado in Benton County. This photo won the 2015 NOAA Weather in Focus Photo Contest.

During the month of October, take a few minutes and observe the beauty around you. From raindrops on leaves to colorful sunsets, it is the little, simple things that produce the most awe-inspiring photos. To the amateur photographers out there, keep up the amazing work; to the professional photographers, thank you for your contribution to the hamster wheel that we call society. And to the observers of photography, we appreciate your eye for detail and continued support!

Cover, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Cheyenne Halberg is a student at Winona State University with a major in Communication Arts and Literature Teaching. She is from the outskirts of St. Cloud, MN. Cheyenne enjoys writing to express herself and empowering others to do what they love. Her hobbies include spending time with friends and family, watching football, spending time outdoors, crafting and writing. Her life goal is to leave an impression on the next generations that allows them to embrace their unique qualities.
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.