Out With the Old, In With Dream Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

When: November 20th

Where: Engagement Center in Somsen Hall

Time: 12:00-3:00pm

As the summer weather ends and we transition into fall, there is no better time to clean out your overflowing closet. Instead of stuffing everything into a bag and tossing it aside, donate your gently used apparel to DREAM CLOSET.

Dream Closet is an expense-free shopping experience for the local Winona community. It is a student-generated group from Winona State University that strives to provide the community with quality clothing through donations.

Founder of Dream Closet, Kylen Feltes, states, “The organization is founded on the idea that University students have the knowledge and expertise to gift to their community in means of an event to clothe the community. Dream Closet not only addresses the issue of clothing those in need – it also brings positivity, encouragement, and friendship to those who attend Dream Closet Events. We are not just in the clothing business, we are in the people business. Our mission, simply put, is to bring joy.”

Dream closet needs YOU! We are seeking clothing donations for this amazing event on November 20th.  Donate your gently used clothes for other local community members. All types of clothing are accepted whether it be athletic, casual, or professional wear. Clothing is available for all ages, styles and gender. There are no limitations with Dream Closet.

Looking to donate? Donation boxes can be found at multiple locations around town including:

• YMCA

• Midtown Foods

• Co-Op

• Winona Middle School                

• Child Care Center- WSU

• Winona Senior High

• The Edge

• Jefferson Elementary

• Pleasant Valley Church

• Hyvee

• Somsen

• IWC

• Kryzsko

• Residence Halls (Main Campus)

The boxes can be spotted easily, as they are decorated and labeled with information about Dream Closet.

Would you or someone you know benefit from Dream Closet? Join us November 20th in the Engagement Center of Somsen Hall. The event will run from 12:00-3:00pm. There will be an abundance of clothing, shoes and accessories, along with refreshments, and volunteers to make your Dream Closet experience one to remember.

Visit the Facebook page for more information or to stay up-to-date with Dream Closet.

https://www.facebook.com/dreamcloset.wsu/

Hi, I'm Macy! I'm a junior at Winona State University, persuinng a career in Recreation and Tourism. I spend most of my time with friends and enjoy being outdoors, cooking and watching Greys Anatomy.
This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.