An Ode To The Person Who Sent Me A Friend Request

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

The family friend.

Do you want them commenting on every post about how cute you were as child? Think hard about this one.

The boy in your class.

You have been waiting for the request because you don’t have the courage to send one. Mhm, why not. Act cool.

The extended relative.

I didn’t even know we were related. Does that make me obligated to add them?

The co-worker.

I ignore you at work, what makes you think I want to be social media friends?

The possible CATFISH.

No mutual friends, great pictures, weird name…. hmm…

The proud parent.

You thought you were adding them, but really you’re adding their child.

Who are you? Do I know you? Why are you adding me? Have we met? Are all possible questions we ask ourselves when we get a friend request.

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.
Meet our writer Courtney D. Jones! Courtney is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Mass Communications- Advertising. She is consistently busy juggling school, working two jobs, and on the recruitment committee for Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, so coffee is a necessity. But not just any coffee, it must be Starbucks Blonde Roast, with a dash of peppermint mocha creamer and a fourth of a packet of sugar. She has a die-hard love for all things beauty and fashion, and dreams of owning everything on her Pinterest boards one day. With her bright and bubbly personality, she loves meeting new people and sharing a good laugh. As a Chicago native, her happy place consists of drinking a cold microbrew with her favorite Giordano’s deep-dish pizza while watching her beloved Bears team.