This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Name: Nick KerstenYear: JuniorMajor: Communication Studies Major, Management MinorRelationship status: In a Relationship

Meet Nick Kersten! He is a junior who enjoys outdoor activities and occasionally watching the bachelor. This blonde stud is always up for a long hike and hopes to find ways to help people in the future, but don’t get too excited ladies, he’s taken.

HC (Her Campus): Where are you from?NK (Nick Kersten): Burnsville, MN.

HC: What is one thing someone wouldn’t know about you?NK: I always struggle with this question; I think that’s kind of interesting.

HC: Describe yourself in 3 words.NK: Outgoing, Funny, and Caring.

HC: What are you looking for in a girl?NK: The most important thing is that she loves Jesus and loves people. Also, a girl that is funny and outgoing just makes dating that much better.

HC: Describe your dream date.NK: It would probably involve something outdoors like hiking or walking in some national park, a nice dinner either in a restaurant or on the hike, and it would end at an old movie theatre watching a two dollar movie; take notes Katie. (Nick’s girlfriend)

HC: Blondes, brunettes, or red heads?NK: Blondes. Blondes have more fun.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?NK: Emma Watson.

HC: Best decision you’ve ever made?NK: The most amazing thing I have ever done in my life was beginning a relationship with Jesus. I never thought I would say that growing up, but it’s the most real source of joy there is. Loving God and loving people is the greatest adventure out there.

HC: Do you currently have a job or an internship?NK: I am interning for a small Painting company in the cities.

HC: What do you want to do with your major?NK: I want to work in training and development, or anywhere I can help people be better at what they do.

HC: Do you have any fun facts about yourself?NK: I can fly for free because my mom works for Delta, so that is also really fun. If you don’t know what to do after school, just work at the airport and fly around a little.

HC: Favorite class ever taken?NK: Natural Disasters, took the best snapchats in that class.

HC: Are you in any extracurricular activities/clubs/sports?NK: I play intramural soccer.

HC: What is your guilty pleasure?NK: Well… I watched three episodes of the bachelor this season. He should have picked Becca.

HC: Do you have any siblings?NK: I have a younger brother who is a freshman at Mankato.

HC: What is your quote to live by?NK: “Love does” – Bob Goff

HC: One thing on your bucket list?NK: Walk across a highline, which is basically tight rope walking really high up.

HC: Biggest pet peeve?NK: When my roommates don’t change the toilet paper roll, but just set a new role on top of the old one.

HC: If you had a movie about your life, what would the title be?NK: I searched all over Netflix for a good title, couldn’t find one.

HC: How do you feel about being elected campus cutie?NK: It’s pretty hilarious, a little weird but also pretty cool!

HC: The anonymous girl who nominated you wrote, “He’s genuinely like one of the best guys I know. He’s super nice, hilarious, and has style which makes him even cooler. Hands down should be the next cutie.” What do you think about that; do you have anything you would like to say to her?NK: That’s super nice and I appreciate that a lot. And if I could say something to her, it would be, “Thanks Mom”.

Meet Julia Arneson. She is a junior studying public relations and marketing. She loves being able to utilize her writing skills and creativity in the classroom. In her spare time you could find her sipping on Franzia with her roommates or playing with her hedgehog Jonas, named after her favorite boy band, the Jonas Brothers. Julia is always the first to lend a helping hand. She is the treasurer of a community service club on campus and strives to serve the Winona community as best as she can. Other than getting hitched to a Jonas brother; her future goals consist of working for a large public relations agency and living in New York or Chicago.
I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.
Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.