This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Third Person POV:

Meet Cora Hart, an average eighteen-year-old girl whose worries should include crushes, school, and her best friend, Dakota Forrest. Only Cora doesn’t have time to worry about mundane things. No, her nightmares revolve around her secret. Cora is the first-ever mermaid/witch/demigoddess tribrid. Her father is a warlock and her mother is a direct descendant of Triton, the first merman. Her demigoddess side comes from after she was born. Every millennium, Poseidon blesses a baby girl with demigod powers. Cora was that child. The three fates decreed that a prophecy would come to pass after her eighteenth year and her blessed powers would reveal themselves. Of course, as all stories go, Cora must defeat Rozella, Goddess of the Shadows.

‘After the 18th year, the blessed child shall be of age. The Queen will reign until the anointed hour when the blessed child has discovered her power. An unlikely ally will be the key of the four wish to succeed.’

Cora’s POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I rolled over and slammed my hand down on my alarm clock. Thankfully it didn’t break, this time. I cracked my eyes open and stared at my ceiling. Please just let this be just another day, I thought as I moved the covers from my body. I spent a few minutes making sure that my bed looked perfect before walking over to my closet to choose an outfit. After searching and searching I finally found what I wanted to wear. I pulled out my favorite crimson red skirt, a white sleeveless blouse, and my light blue jean jacket. I completed the ensemble with my tan ankle boots.

I walked over to my vanity and applied a light layer of makeup before working my hair into a french braid that started on the right side of my head and draped over my left shoulder. It kind of looked like what Elsa wore in Frozen. Once that was done, I went to my desk and picked up my laptop before walking downstairs.

“Good morning,” a cheery voice called out from the kitchen.

“Morning, Mom,” I said as I sat down at the island. “Breakfast smells good.”

“You’re just in time. I made pancakes, bacon, eggs, and French toast. There is juice in the fridge. Can you get it for me and set the table?”

“Sure.” I walked over to our stainless steel refrigerator and opened the double doors. Sitting right in front was a pitcher of orange juice. I grabbed it as well as the butter before setting them on the table. I then walked over to the cupboard and grabbed five plates. I set them with one at the head and two on each side of the table. I also got down the same number of cups, forks, and knives.

“Who’s the extra place for?” Mom asked as she set the food in the center.

“Ryan’s coming over in a few.”

“Did he text you?”

I furrowed my brow in concentration. “…No, he didn’t… is it weird that I know he’s coming anyway?”

“No, it’s not weird. Your full mermaid powers are just coming in, that’s all. I used to get feelings all the time.”

“What changed?”

“I just learned to interpret them better that’s all. Will you go get your brother? I’m sure he’s still sound asleep.”

I nodded my head before going back upstairs. I walked down the hall to the very end where my older brother’s room was. I knocked on the door, only to receive no answer. I twisted the knob to find it unlocked, so I walked in. Sure enough, the rock was still passed out. He had a glass of water sitting next to his bed, so I made a small water bubble float from the glass and settle over his head. I let my magic go hoping that the water would wake him up. No such luck. The bubble froze and hit the edge of the bed before rolling across the floor.

“How do you always manage to do that?” I asked, exasperated.

He chuckled before sitting up. “Talent, which you do not have,” Myles said. “Now get out; I have to get dressed.”

I rolled my eyes at his shooing motions. “Whatever. Mom made breakfast so hurry or Dad’ll eat it all on you like last time.”

I walked out of his room and back downstairs. As my feet hit the last step, the doorbell went off. “I’ll get it!” I hollered. I open our front door to find Ryan standing on the front step. “Come on in,” I said, opening the door wider. “Mom made breakfast.”

He followed me into the dining room, and we took our seats. Dad was sitting at the head of the table, reading the newspaper. I took my usual seat on Dad’s right with Ryan sitting on my other side. Mom hollered up at Myles before taking her seat on Dad’s left. Myles came down a second later and took the last seat. Not a second after his rump was in the chair did Dad grab food from the plate in front of him.

We all took that as a sign to dig in. I grabbed three pancakes, a scoop of scrambled eggs, and a few strips of bacon. I also poured myself a small glass of juice. Between the three men at the table, all the food was gone within minutes. 

Conversation flowed fairly easily. This wasn’t the first time Ryan had eaten a meal with us. Of course, we avoided sensitive topics like my mermaid powers because Ryan was human and had no idea that we were supernatural creatures. All I ever told Ryan, anybody really, was that I was scared of water and didn’t like getting wet. It was a lie of course. By design, mermaids would spend more time in the ocean than any other type of supernatural creature. And with Dad’s sea warlock side, it only amplified my desire to live in the sea.

A sea witch is an umbrella term. Within that type of witch, there are subcategories. Like water witches, coastal witches, sea animal witches, aerial witches, etc. There are hundreds of individual types of witches. To keep it straight we use several umbrella terms. Sea witches, kitchen witches, night witches, elemental witches, and land witches. It also helps to identify which clan you are a part of. Within every umbrella term, there are evil clans. Clans who harm innocents instead of protecting them; they upset the natural order as opposed to protecting it. White magic versus Black magic. Dad practices white magic, and that’s what Myles and I are being taught during our lessons.

I felt a hand on my arm, breaking me from my train of thought. “Cora, are you okay?” Ryan asked.

I looked over to him and smiled at him. “I’m okay,” I said. “Just lost in thought.”

“We’ve got to go to school or we’ll be late.”

I looked up at the clock and sure enough, we should’ve left already. I stood up and took my plate to the sink before giving Mom a kiss on the cheek, thanking her for breakfast. I leaned down and gave Dad a similar kiss before grabbing my bag and following Ryan out to his car. I got in the passenger seat and Ryan drove a few blocks away to pick up Dakota, our other friend. She was waiting for us when we pulled up. She got in the back seat, and Ryan drove off in the direction of school.

Senior year. For humans, it means one more year until adulthood. For mermaids, it means that we would be going to a specialty school to help us blend into human society. It was similar for witches, but we needed to master our specific craft prior to human lessons. Because of the way my parents raised me and my brother, we didn’t have to go to the specialty schools. Instead, we got the choice of traveling for a year or two before going to human college, or we could go right to college. Over the summer I applied to a few universities close to the ocean, but Myles chose differently. He wanted a break from school life, so he has been splitting his time between the ocean and land. 

Grandpa, the mermaid, promised to look after us if we ever wanted to spend more time in the ocean while Gram, the witch, promised to teach us more of the craft whenever we visited. I told them both that I would spend one month with each of them over the summer so they could teach me all I needed to know while the final month would be used to spend with my parents and friends.

“Can you believe it?” Dakota asked, excitedly. “Senior year. I can’t wait for Homecoming and Prom. It’s going to be epic!”

Dakota Forrest. The one word I would use to describe her would be unique. Since eighth grade, she has been dying her hair one crazy color after another. She’s done electric blue, royal purple, emerald green, platinum, and, for this year, it is fairy floss pink. Her darker complexion suits all her crazy hair colors so she never looks horrible. Her outfits are equally as colorful. She says that she wants to be a designer and is experimenting now with different styles. I think it is just an excuse to make outrageous statements. Not that it really bothers me. After you get past her colorful armor and brazen attitude, there is a loyal friend with a kind heart.

“Yeah, can’t wait,” Ryan said, sarcastically.

Ryan Hughes. One word, realist. He is the solid ground to Dakota’s head in the clouds. He provides solid reasoning to just about everything we do. He is one of the most loyal and trustworthy friends I have ever had. I feel guilty about lying to him about who I really am, but it’s for everyone’s safety. If the witches council found out that a human knew, they would send the cleaners to wipe his memory of anything supernatural. That is the more lenient version. The merfolk council would send a tsunami and wipe out the entire town. It’s a bit extreme and is reserved for severe exposure concerns.

“Cora, you good?” Ryan asked, tugging on my arm.

“Yeah,” I said. “Just worried about classes, that’s all.”

“Let me see your schedule.”

I handed him my schedule and he and Dakota compared all three of our schedules. “We have third, fourth, lunch, and seventh periods together!” Dakota said practically jumping up and down.

“And we have first, second, fourth, and seventh periods together,” Ryan commented.

“Well, I’m glad that we share some classes.”

The warning bell rang forcing us to go to class. First period, aka Math, was very boring. The first day of school always is. It’s always the same. First, the teachers introduce themselves. Then they pass out the syllabus and talk it over. They talk about what percent homework is worth for a grade, how much the tests matter, how many tests we are going to have and so on. This year wasn’t any exception. Another common first-day practice was no homework. It was rare that teachers give out homework on the first day.

I suppose the only good things about high school classrooms were the fact that we rarely had assigned seats. So for every class that Ryan and I had, we sat next to each other. It was the same with Dakota and me in third period. Lunch came and went, and the three of us found a table along one of the side walls. 

The second half of school passed similarly to the first half. Teachers gave their spiel, and most of the students didn’t pay much attention. After school was over Ryan, Dakota, and I went to the local cafe where we usually go to start our homework.

It was my turn to buy beverages. Ryan wanted a strawberry-banana smoothie, Dakota wanted an iced mocha (not that she needed the extra caffeine), and I ordered a peach-flavored tea. It didn’t take long for the barista to make our beverages. I looked over to our table to find Dakota and Ryan whispering.

“Here you go,” the barista said, setting a cardboard drink holder with our beverages in front of me.

“Thanks,” I replied while taking the holder.

“You have to tell her,” Dakota whispered to Ryan.

“No way!” Ryan whisper-yelled.

“Tell who, what?” I asked, setting the respective drink in front of each of them.

“Nothing,” Ryan said rather quickly.

I shrugged my shoulders before taking a small sip of my tea. I pulled out a book I had been reading and set it in my lap. I opened up the book to the last page I read. But when I looked at the words, letters started to rearrange themselves, making it impossible to read.

“What’s wrong?” Ryan asked.

I shook my head but the words remained jumbled. “It’s nothing,” I assured while putting the book away. “So how were classes?”

Dakota launched into a story about one of her classes. I did my best to pay attention but my mind was still whirling as to why I could no longer read English. I could feel Ryan’s concerned gazes, but I paid little attention to them. Dakota didn’t seem too bothered by my lack of response. We stayed at the cafe for about an hour before Dakota’s mom texted to have her come home. Ryan drove us home but it was very silent. 

After Dakota shut the door Ryan asked, “Are you sure you’re okay?”

I gave him a small nod. “I’m fine. Just something I have to ask my mom about,” I said, looking out the window. He pulled in front of my house and I got out. 

I walked up to my front door and unlocked the door before walking inside. I could hear someone humming in the kitchen so I went to investigate. I saw Grandma, the witch, swaying in the kitchen next to the stove. Mom was sitting at the counter with Myles sitting next to her.

“Hey sweetie, how was school?” Mom asked.

“It was… weird,” I said sitting on the last stool.

“Weird how?” Grandma asked.

“Well, after school Ryan, Dakota, and I went to the cafe, and when I pulled out my book, the letters started to switch around on me. Some of the letters were backward while others were upside down. It was just strange.”

Mom and Grandma shared a look, and I tried to decipher it. I looked over at Myles but his head was focused on the countertop.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“It’s nothing dear–” Mom started.

“She needs to know,” Grandma interrupted.

“Know what?” I asked.

“Come with me,” Mom said standing up from the counter.

I followed her up the stairs and towards the attic stairs. She opened the attic door and walked over to an old trunk. She opened the lid of the trunk and pulled out a big, dusty, book.

“What is this?” I asked.

“This… this is a record of every person in your family from my side. There is another book in her with your father’s side of the family.” She opened the book to a page in the middle. She pointed to a name, Shellina. “Shellina was born on land nearly a millennium ago. One could say that she was the first in our family to explore on land. But something went wrong with her birth. She was what is now considered a stillborn. It is said that her parents wept and prayed to the gods to save their child.

“Poseidon answered their call. He promised to save their daughter if they would allow her destiny to be shifted. Her parents agreed, and Shellina took her first breath of air on land. It changed her form and that was the start of merfolk being able to walk on land. For eighteen years everything went perfectly. Then on her eighteenth birthday, something came for her and she used a power unbeknownst to merfolk before. She called forth a great hurricane to grab hold of her enemy, and she made a crack in the ground to swallow the enemy up.”

“But what does this have to do with me?”

“When Shellina’s powers made themselves known, she went to visit the Oracle in Atlantis. The Oracle told her that when Poseidon saved her life, he gave some of his god powers creating the first mermaid-demigoddess. A prophecy was then created. Every millennium a girl would be blessed from her descendants, and they would have to fight the Queen of the Shadows. The prophecy also foretold the name of the next fighter. Cora.”

“No! No, no, no, no, no, no,” I said, walking out of the Attic.

“Cora!” Mom called after me.

“No. I refuse to be this… thing. I can barely handle being a mermaid-witch hybrid, and there is no way I am going to be this demigoddess hunter too. I won’t do it.”

“You don’t have a choice. Your powers will only get stronger, and you need to learn to control them before you hurt someone.”

“I said, no!” I opened my bedroom door before closing it behind me.

Thankfully Mom didn’t follow me, and I was left to my thoughts. It couldn’t be real. I couldn’t be a demigoddess. Then add it to my current freakiness. It just didn’t seem real. But the more I thought about it, the more my head hurt. I looked around for a distraction and found a gift laying on my bed. I picked up the wrapped box and tore off the shiny paper. Inside was a book. I opened the cover and once again the letters rearranged themselves. Only this time I could read it.

I took the book and went to my chair by the window and began to read. The stories inside were mostly legends, folklore from different cultures. The third story I read was about mermaids. How mermaids would use their voice and lure sailors to their death. Of course, I knew better, but not everyone was as reformed. Some merfolk still used the ancient practices described in this book.

A few hours later, a knock sounded at my door, and I told them to come in. “I see you found my present,” an elder voice said.

I turned in my chair to face Grandma. “Thank you,” I said. “What language is this?”

“Ancient Greek.”

I deflated a little when she said that. “Oh.” 

“I know that you don’t believe what your mother told you, but I hope that you can trust your instincts. Your demigoddess powers have always been inside you. Have you ever noticed that when you’re sad it rains? Or when you get angry enough the Earth shakes? It’s your powers making themselves known. 

“About a month after you were born, everyone went to the beach. It was a chance for both sides to celebrate your birth. A cloaked figure came out of the water and placed a kiss on your head. Your body glowed and the figure placed your shell necklace around your neck. No one said a word until the figure went back to the water. Your mother called out to him and asked what had happened. The man removed his cloak and your mer-grandfather gasped and bowed. It was Poseidon. He came to bless you with his powers. He said that the prophecy would come to pass on your eighteenth birthday.”

“But nothing happened. I didn’t feel any different after my birthday had come and gone.”

“I told you. Your powers have always been a part of you and that’s not about to change. Now go wash up and join us for dinner. I made your favorite.”

“Thanks, Grandma.” She placed a quick kiss on my forehead before walking out of my room.

The following morning I woke up and my room was cast in unusual darkness. I turned on my light, only to have it crack and shatter. I let out a shriek while moving off my bed. I ran to the door to find it locked from the outside.

“Myles, this isn’t funny!” I yelled, jiggling the doorknob. “Myles!… Myles!”

“Myles can’t help you,” a wispy voice sounded. “No one can help you.”

The darkness crept closer and closer. My feet were engulfed in the inky black, and it slowly crept up my body. I let out one last scream–

A loud crack woke me from my dream. Myles came rushing into my room, Mom and Dad, close on his heels. I sat up in bed crying.

“Cora, what happened?” Myles asked, coming to sit next to me on the bed. Dad came around the other side and he wrapped his arms around me like he used to when I would have a nightmare.

“Something came after me,” I croaked out once the tears slowed down.

“Who?” Mom asked in her soft voice.

“I… I don’t know. It was a voice in the shadows. They said that no one could help me.”

“Come on Core,” Miles said. “When can you ever not count on me?”

I gave him a small smile and took his hand, gripping it in mine. He gave my hand a tight squeeze. I leaned closer to Dad and listened to the rhythm of his heart. And just like magic, the constant rhythm lulled me back to sleep.

I opened my eyes to see sunlight pouring into my room. Someone must have opened all my curtains and blinds after they left last night. I got out of bed and put on a pair of jean shorts and a plain black t-shirt. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and applied a little concealer under my eyes to hide my lack of decent sleep the night before. For the final touch, I put on the seashell necklace that supposedly Poseidon gave me as well as a silver anklet that Ryan gave me for a birthday present this year.

I walked downstairs; thankfully no one said anything about last night. I sat next to Myles at the counter, and he placed a bowl of cereal in front of me. Mom gave me a side hug and a small kiss on the crown of my head. I gave them both grateful smiles before chowing down on some Lucky Charms. Dad came into the kitchen, and he placed a kiss on the crown of my head, much like Mom had.

“I need to know more about the prophecy,” I said, breaking the tense silence. Even though it was quiet I could feel everyone get even more silent. “Is there a way?” I asked, looking between my parents.

“There is a way,” Mom said. “The original Oracle in the myth. She holds all the answers. But the journey is not one to make alone.”

“I understand… but I have to know more. I can’t do this on my own.”

“I’ll go with her,” Myles offered. “I was about to go see Grandma and Grandpa anyway.”

“Thanks Myles,” I said, placing my hand on his arm in gratitude.

Dad walked over to Mom and placed a comforting arm around her waist. “We’ll call the school and you guys can go today,” he said.

“What about Ryan?” I asked. “He’s going to worry when I don’t show up for class.”

“We’ll deal with it when it comes up. Don’t worry. You both should get ready.”

I nodded my head and went upstairs to get my waterproof bag. I mainly used it to travel back and forth from Atlantis and home. Grandma gave it to me for my thirteenth birthday. She enchanted it to work underwater. I packed an extra top and my locket, a gift from my mermaid Grandma for my thirteenth birthday. As I got back downstairs Mom handed Myles and I a few snacks for the journey. I gave Mom and Dad a hug before following my brother to the ocean.

We dove underwater, and the change was instantaneous. I looked over at my brother to see his brilliant blue tail shimmering in the water. I looked over at my own tale to see a light purple stare back at me. With a flick of the fin we were zooming towards Atlantis.

It didn’t take long before we arrived at Grandma and Grandpa’s house. Grandma was the only one home and she welcomed us with a plate of prawns and oysters. Myles ate his share and part of mine. I just had a small snack, wanting to get on the road to visit the Oracle.

“Are you staying for dinner?” Grandma asked.

“I was hoping to be back home by tonight,” I said. “I have school in the morning.”

“I’ll stay. Mom just wanted someone here with her as she visited the Oracle,” Myles explained. “I was thinking I could stay for a while.”

“Of course, dear,” Grandma said, addressing Myles. “Your grandfather and I don’t mind. And I understand,” Grandma said, addressing me. “Just promise me that you will come visit more.”

“I will,” I said, giving her a hug. “Myles, are you ready to go?”

“Yeah,” he said, grabbing a handful of oysters before giving Grandma a kiss on the cheek.

I gave Grandma a small hug and kiss on the cheek before following Myles to the heart of Atlantis. I waved to everyone we passed that I recognized. Over the many summers I spent down here, I managed to make a few friends. 

We reached the heart of Atlantis and Myles said that he would wait outside for me. I swam inside and sat down at the table. The Oracle swam in and sat down across from me. Her shimmering orange tail sparkled from the shell lights. 

“What do you seek?” She asked, her voice wispy.

“I seek Poseidon’s prophecy,” I answered.

White invaded her irises as she channeled her power. “After the 18th year, the blessed child shall be of age. The Queen will reign until the anointed hour when the blessed child has discovered her power. An unlikely ally will be the key of the four wish to succeed,” she said, her voice sounding far away. Orange took over the white as she came back from her vision.

“Who are the four you mentioned?”

Her eyes went white as she looked into the future. “The blessed child, the enemy of her father, a banshee, and a human.”

“Thank you,” I said after her eyes went back to orange.

“I must ask you a question,” the Oracle said. “Are you the girl in the prophecy?”

“I am; and I intend to defeat the Queen of the Shadows.”

She nodded her head, and I took that as a signal to leave.

“How did it go?” Myles asked.

“It went good. I just need to find a banshee, an enemy of Dad’s, and a human willing to help me,” I answered, swimming back to Grandma’s house

“A human? Are you sure that’s what the Oracle said?”

“I’m sure. I’ve got to get home and tell Mom and Dad what I’ve learned.”

“If you need anything call me.”

I wrapped my arms around his midsection as he wrapped his around my shoulders. “I will,” I promised.

Myles went inside the house as I swam back to the beach. Before actually getting on the sand, I poked my head above the surface to make sure the beach was deserted. Thankfully, it was. I got out of the water and used my powers to dry myself off. I walked up the small path to my house and used the backdoor to get inside.

I walked into the kitchen and got tackled in a hug from my Mother. “I do need to breathe,” I gasped out as her arms crushed my ribs.

“It was getting late, and we were worried,” Mom said as she squeezed even tighter.

“I’m alright.”

“What did you learn?” Dad asked as Mom let me go.

“I need three other people to help me defeat the Queen. I need a banshee, an enemy of Dad’s, and … a human.”

“A human? Are you sure?”

“Positive. And I think I know who. Ryan.”

“Ryan?” Mom asked. “Can you trust him with something like this?”

I sighed. “I’ve been lying to him for my whole life, and I hate it. I need to tell him the truth.”

“Very well,” Dad said. “Ryan came by this afternoon to drop off your work. I told him that you were away visiting family and would be back tomorrow.”

“Thanks, Dad.”

“I made lasagna, and it should still be warm,” Mom said. “Why don’t you grab a slice then get some rest. I know it can be tiring making that trip.”

“Thanks, Mom.”

I went into the kitchen and got myself a slice of lasagna. After eating, I went up to my room and texted Ryan. He was worried about me, but I just told him that I had to help my Grandmother with something. He took the lie pretty well. I asked him if he could come over before school because I had something to tell him.

The night passed with no nightmares. I was up before sunrise, worrying about how Ryan was going to take the big bad secret. I felt a presence join me on the back balcony.

“Worried about Ryan?” Mom asked.

“It’s a lot for even me. I can’t imagine how he is going to take it,” I said, not taking my eyes off the rolling waves.

“Like you said yesterday, you’ve known Ryan your whole life. He’s gonna be fine… shocked maybe, but fine.”

I turned and gave Mom a small smile. “Do you need help with breakfast?”

“Sure.”

We went back into the kitchen and got out the ingredients for omelets. I chopped up some peppers, while Mom diced up some ham and bacon. She threw everything into a frying pan to soften the vegetables and crisp the ham and bacon. Dad came downstairs when he smelt the food. I cracked about a dozen eggs and whisked them together. Mom got a hot pan ready and put a cup of egg batter in the pan before adding a handful of the meat and vegetable mixture. After making a few omelets, I set the table and the doorbell went off. Dad answered the door, and Ryan walked into the kitchen with Dad following behind. 

“What did you want to talk about?” Ryan asked.

“Can we eat first?” I asked, avoiding his question.

He nodded his head and took his usual seat. Mom placed an omelet on each of our plates; we ate in silence. Mom and Dad asked Ryan questions, trying to make everything seem like normal. It was working until all the food was gone. My palm grew sweaty, my legs grew restless.

“What’s the big secret?” Ryan asked.

“I’m a mermaid,” I blurted out. I kept my gaze trained on the edge of the table. I could feel Mom and Dad look at me in disbelief.

“What do you mean you’re a mermaid?”

“When I touch water, my legs turn into a fin. Dad, will you go get some towels?” I asked finally looking at my parents.

“Sure,” Dad said, getting up.

I walked over to the kitchen sink, filled a glass with water, and walked back to Ryan. “Throw this on me.”

“What?”

“Throw this on me,” I stressed.

Ryan hesitantly stood up and thrust the glass towards me. I felt the water hit my torso and ten seconds later, my tail appeared. I flopped forward and leaned up on my forearms to look at Ryan. He sat back down in his chair in shock.

“This is real?” Ryan asked.

“This is real,” I assured.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I was scared. Some days this secret is too much for even me to handle. There was no way that I was going to bring you into this.”

“So why tell me now?”

“I need your help.”

“What kind of help?”

Dad came back downstairs with two towels in his hands. I used the towels to dry my tail off. My legs came back seconds after my tail was dry. “I’m not just a mermaid. I’m also part witch and part demigoddess. A legend of my family was a prophecy. The prophecy stated that four people would defeat the Queen of the Shadows; the blessed child, a banshee, an enemy of my father, and a human.”

“A human? You don’t mean me do you?”

“I need your help. You’ve always been there for me, and I wouldn’t trust anyone else with this.”

He stayed silent for a few minutes before he spoke. “I’ll help… how do we find a banshee and an enemy of your father?”

“First we need to go to Dakota’s house, then we need to go to Isla’s house.”

“Isla? But she hates you.”

“She’s the enemy. I’ll explain on the way.”

“And if we get them to help, then what?”

“Then we go to war.”

~To be continued~

My name is Sydney. I am currently a Junior at Winona State University. I love to write short stories and fantasy stories. I am an avid Disney fan.
Cheyenne Halberg is a student at Winona State University with a major in Communication Arts and Literature Teaching. She is from the outskirts of St. Cloud, MN. Cheyenne enjoys writing to express herself and empowering others to do what they love. Her hobbies include spending time with friends and family, watching football, spending time outdoors, crafting and writing. Her life goal is to leave an impression on the next generations that allows them to embrace their unique qualities.