This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

I have exciting news for all the ladies out there. As we all know, taking your bra off at the end of the day is one of the best feelings ever; it is just about equivalent to getting called off work. It’s better than getting called off work, actually. October 13th is National No Bra Day: a day for all boobies, big or itty-bitty, pointy or rounded, perky or saggy to be released! What a glorious day. Don’t get me wrong, I can support those of the “Free The Nipple” movement, but this day is about a little more than that.

This national “holiday” exists as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Of all cancer diagnoses, breast cancer is #1 for women. Regular screenings are important, but it can be easy to forget or put it on the back burner. If you can’t make it in to see a doctor, it’s a good precaution to be doing monthly breast exams on your own. It’s scary to think of the possibility of getting such a diagnosis, but the sooner it is caught, the less heavy and aggressive treatments may be. National No Bra Day may be more directed toward women, but don’t count yourselves out, menyou need to get screened, too!

Show your support for this movement by getting rid of your support ;) for the next 24 hours. If you can’t quite hop on the “no-bra-free-the-nipple” train, you could also wear purple to show your support on this day. Not as fun, but I suppose not all of us can show up to work so…freely ;)

Ladies, October 13th is your day. Leave your bras at home! I hate to rob you of the glorious feeling of ripping off your bra the second you get home from work or class, but on this day, just forget it altogether. Maybe you even wanna go all-out and wear a white T-shirt while you’re at it. Let your babies breathe, baby!

Sources:

http://www.holidayscalendar.com/event/national-no-bra-day/

https://www.awarenessdays.com/awareness-days-calendar/national-no-bra-day-2018/

Picture 1

Cover photo

Alexa Jo is a senior at Winona State studying Psychology and Communication Studies. She enjoys learning new skills, getting outside, upcycling clothes, and hanging out with the people she loves. She likes to write stories that are real, raw, and have just a touch of humor. She writes because she believes she has a lot to say, and wants to talk about the things others are scared to talk about. She uses her writing to share her experiences and uplift others. She hopes to one day work for a non profit in campaigns for social change.
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.