This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Before this past week, I didn’t even know that National Music Day was a thing. So, to celebrate, I have pulled together my favorite songs from my favorite artists into this playlist.

These artists are my favorite because their songs are more than having a good time. They are about real-life situations, the good and the bad. They really speak to me.

In this playlist, I have included songs by Raelynn, Danielle Bradbery, Carrie Underwood, Maddie and Tae, Taylor Swift (before she went pop), and many more. My favorite songs would have to be “Rowdy” by Raelynn, “Goodbye Summer” by Danielle Bradbery ft. Thomas Rhett, “Begin Again” by Taylor Swift, and “Girl in a Country Song” by Maddie and Tae.

I hope you like it. 

PS, the Spotify playlist can be found here!

Woman with headphones listening to music
Bruce Mars

My name is Sydney. I am currently a Junior at Winona State University. I love to write short stories and fantasy stories. I am an avid Disney fan.
My name is Hannah Hippensteel, and I like to say I'm a Chicago city-slicker, but I'm actually from the 'burbs. I'm currently a senior at Winona State with a major in mass communication-journalism and a minor in sociology. Catch me enjoying all Winona has to offer: the bluffs, the incomparable Bloedow's Bakery, and not to mention, Minnesota boys. With a goal of working at Teen Vogue, Seventeen or Glamour magazine, I'm soaking up every opportunity to keep my finger on the pulse and share my personal voice!