This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

To My Favorite Mail Carriers,

Thank you for being such diligent employees and dutifully completing your daily tasks. Although it isn’t always easy or convenient, you have always gone above and beyond to do your job, and it’s amazing how you do it with a smile. Thank you for being patient, faithful and devoted. I appreciate how you always bring your favorite puppies treats––it truly does put a smile on my face.

But beyond that, I’m thankful for your service to me, even outside of your careers as mail carriers. 

I’m so, so appreciative of how you’ve taught me so much during the first 18 years of my life, and I’m incredibly lucky to know you’ll love me for all the years after that, too. You’ve taught me so much about strength and resiliency––even when things weren’t easy, you always did your job with a smile to support your family in whatever way you could. 

You showed me that hard times can turn around if only you’re persistent enough and make it happen. You’ve taught me that good things don’t come easy; hard work and kindness are what truly makes it happen.

When my days aren’t the brightest, I know you’re always there with a joke––and I hope you know that I can do the same for you, too. Even when things are hard, I know that laughter makes it better, and I hope we can always be the source of humor for one another.

To my mail carriers, thank you for loving me infinitely and always welcoming me into your home (and filling your candy bowl for me). You’ve taught me so much about life. That’s why I’m celebrating you this February 4 for National Thank a Mail Carrier Day. Just remember that to me, you’re so much more than a mail carrier; I’m celebrating your presence in my life, not only today but each and every day.

Grandma and Grandpa, thank you for all you’ve done for me. Thank you for being my favorite mail carriers and my biggest supporters. I love you both so much.

Brianna Strohbehn is a junior at Winona State University and a small-town girl from central Iowa. Brianna is studying English, double majoring in writing and applied and professional writing with hopes of someday becoming an editor at a publishing firm. When she isn't writing, Brianna enjoys thrifting, reading, exploring her new home in Winona, and spending time with family and friends.
Cheyenne Halberg is a student at Winona State University with a major in Communication Arts and Literature Teaching. She is from the outskirts of St. Cloud, MN. Cheyenne enjoys writing to express herself and empowering others to do what they love. Her hobbies include spending time with friends and family, watching football, spending time outdoors, crafting and writing. Her life goal is to leave an impression on the next generations that allows them to embrace their unique qualities.