Laura Anderson ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Name: Laura Anderson

Year:  Junior

Hometown: Savage, MN

Major/Minor: Public Relations/English Applied and Professional Writing

Relationship Status: Single

Meet this week’s campus cutie, Laura Anderson. An ambitious, chocolate-loving girl with a sight set for a bright future, Laura is obsessed with everything from Minnesota Sports to her not-so-secret guilty pleasure. In my interview with Laura, I was able to have the pleasure of learning all about her aspirations in the Public Relations field and so much more!

HC (Her Campus): Why did you choose Winona State University?

LA (Laura Anderson): I chose Winona State University because the campus is small and beautiful. I like that there is a lake to walk around and bluffs to hike. Also, WSU has a great Mass Communication program that has prepared me for my future career.

HC: Boots or sneakers?

LA: I’m going basic white girl with this question and saying boots. I love the different boots that are in style during the fall season.

HC: What extracurricular activities are you involved in on campus?

LA: I am in PRSSA and I work in the marketing and communication office.

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

LA: Norway because it is my heritage. I would love to stay at the Sorrisniva Igloo Village in Alta, Norway and observe the northern lights.

HC: What is an interesting fact about yourself?

LA: I am going to Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, and San Sebastian) in May 2016 with other students in the Mass Communication department. I am excited to go and learn a ton. Also, one of my best friends is going so that will make the trip way easier and more enjoyable.

HC: Cats or Dogs?

LA: Dogs! I have a white Shih Tzu named Annie and she is 12 years old.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a guy?

LA: Someone who is nice, trustworthy, ambitious, has a sense of humor, and confident.  

HC: What is your guilty pleasure?

LA: Chocolate and Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass).

HC: What is one of your greatest accomplishments to this day?

LA: Getting hired for an assistant marketing and communications job on campus. This will help me tremendously for my future career.

HC: Who is your role model and why?

LA: My parents are my role models because they are the strongest people I know. They put everyone before themselves and they show me what true love looks like. Also, I can tell them anything and they give me the best advice.

HC: IPhone, Android, or neither?

LA: Neither. I have a Google phone and I love it.

HC: Where do you hope Public Relations will take you?

LA: I hope to obtain a Public Relations job at a Minnesota company where I can work with a variety of clients.

HC: Favorite sports team?

LA: All Minnesota sports teams (even though it is hard at times). I love Gopher Football, Vikings, Twins, and the Wild.

HC: Biggest Pet peeve?

LA: My biggest pet peeve is noisy eaters.

HC: What song do you have on replay right now?

LA: Hello by Adele. Her angelic voice is back after her 3-year break and I’m excited to hear her new album.

HC: What is your go-to restaurant in Winona?

LA: Jefferson’s because everything I have had there is good and it is reasonably priced.

HC: How does it feel to be a campus cutie?

LA: It is an honor because I know there are around 9,000 students. You are all campus cuties :)

Meet our Campus Correspondent Mariah Mrotek! Originally from Racine, Mariah is a Mass Communication Advertising major with a Professional Writing Minor. You can usually catch Mariah loving up the cats at the local Winona Area Humane Society or getting her last minute shopping fix at Target. She is an avid writer and believer in the power of intuition. As an advocate for the Minnesota Epilepsy Foundation, she strives for change. She really enjoys the fall season and the amazing honeycrisp apples it brings. Her ideal place to vacation at is a cabin up north by the lake. Mariah hopes to continue to see and enjoy the world’s beauty after graduation as she pursues a career in Social Media Content Management or Project Management.
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.